Private insurance companies offer Medicare Supplement insurance plans in Washington State. These companies generally have ten plans to offer, but they are not required to sell every plan.
- Among these ten plans, we have determined that Medicare Supplement Plan G offers the most favorable coverage and affordable rates in Washington State.
- We analyzed rates from over ten companies and found that Medico Insurance Company offers the best Plan G rates at $197 per month.
- We also found Plan N to be the second-best plan, with an average monthly rate from Medico being $139 per month.
- For those looking for the lowest monthly cost, the best option is High Deductible Plan G (You must pay a $2,700 annual deductible) with United American Insurance Company, coming in at only $48 per month.
Below is a list of the top four plans with coverage highlights:
Medicare Plan G
- Plan G is the most popular, comprehensive plan. This plan pays for the Part A deductible and the Part B coinsurance. When you compare Plan G to Plan F, you will see it offers more savings.
- Covers 30% of the state’s enrollment with over 94,400 beneficiaries.
Medicare Plan N
- Plan N has good coverage and is a great value. Plan N allows for monthly savings when you trade certain benefits. For example, this plan has $20 office and $50 ER copays, which are waived upon admittance.
- Over 46,600 Medicare beneficiaries have enrolled in Plan N.
Medicare Supplement High Deductible Plan G
- Receive the same benefits as Medicare Plan G but with an annual deductible of $2,700.
- Significantly cheaper than both Medicare Plan G and High Deductible Plan F.
- Covers everything in High Deductible F except for the Part B deductible.
Medicare Plan F
- Plan F has the highest level of benefit and full coverage.
- A beneficiary must have a 1/1/20 Medicare start date, including Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B deductible, to enroll in Plan F.
- Highest number of enrollees at over 146,100 individuals.
What’s the Most Popular Medicare Supplement Company in Washington State?
Medico Insurance Company has the best rates for Medicare Supplement Plans G and N in Washington State.
Remember to consider coverage options before choosing a provider. Medico offers affordable plans, multiple options, and customer satisfaction.
Check out our comparison chart below for sample premiums and ratings.
|Company||AM Best Rating||Plan G Rates||Plan N Rates||Plan A Rates||Plan F Rates|
|Medico Insurance Company||A||$197.83||$139.74||$193.49||$272.82|
|Cigna Health & Life Insurance Company||A||$200.73||$152.49||$196.65||$255.34|
|Elips Life Insurance Company||A||$212.83||$159.42||$199.08||$269.58|
|United World Life Insurance Company||A+||$217.63||$152.36||$193.55||$300.19|
|Humana Insurance Company||A-||$241.47||$195.32||n/a||$310.12|
|United American Insurance Company||A||$247.00||$218.00||$171.00||$321.00|
|GPM Health and Life Insurance Company||A-||$329.41||$173.30||$264.69||$362.65|
Which Medigap Plans Offer SilverSneakers?
Several Medicare Supplement plans offer the SilverSneakers program as an additional benefit. These include Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, Humana, and United Healthcare providers.
However, the availability of SilverSneakers may depend on the specific plan and your location. Hence, checking with your provider to confirm whether SilverSneakers is included is advisable.
Are Medicare Supplement Plans Guaranteed Renewable?
Yes, Medicare Supplement plans are typically guaranteed renewable. This means as long as you pay your premiums on time, the insurance company cannot cancel your policy. This assurance applies even if you have health problems.
However, it’s important to note that premiums may increase over time while the policy is renewable.
Our area of expertise is supporting Medicare beneficiaries in navigating their Medicare insurance choices. We collaborate with some of the country’s most highly regarded Medigap providers to ensure you receive excellent service.
Take a look at our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart and explore the plans in greater detail.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Premiums range from $48 – $275 monthly for Medicare Supplement plans in Washington.
Medico Insurance Company offers the most competitive rates for Medicare Supplement Plans G and N in Washington State.
Plan G is the most popular in Washington state due to its superior coverage. Plan G covers all Medicare Part A and Part B services, including hospitalization, doctor visits, preventive care, medical equipment, and outpatient treatment.
Premiums range from $197 – $329 monthly for Plan G in Washington. The cost of Medigap Plan G can vary depending on the insurance carrier, Age, and location.
- Types of Medigap Plans
- How Much Does Medigap Cost?
- When Can I Apply for a Medicare Supplement Plan?
- How Do I Enroll in a Medigap Plan?
- When Can I Change Medigap Plans?
- Can I Be Denied Medigap Coverage?
- CMS Medicare Services
- Washington State Insurance Commissioner Website
Average quotes are for sample purposes only. Actual premiums are based on several factors, including health conditions, age, location, tobacco status, gender, and insurance provider.