As a senior citizen in Florida who may rely on Medicare as a means of paying for many of your healthcare expenses, you might be looking for ways to maximize your benefits and reduce your out-of-pocket costs as much as possible.
In 2018, one leading option is to sign up for a Medicare Supplement plan. These plans are available for seniors all over the country, but as a Florida resident, you do have an advantage: You can sign up for a Florida Blue Medicare Supplement plan.
You might have had a policy with Florida Blue or another Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBS) insurance organization at some point in your life. Now that you are a senior who needs extra coverage, Florida Blue offers Medigap policies, such as Plan F or Plan G, that provide the benefits that you need.
Florida Blue Medicare Supplement Plans for 2018: A Great Choice for Reducing Healthcare Costs After 65
Is a Florida Blue Medigap plan right for you, or is Medicare Advantage a better choice? Consider these reasons why a Supplement might be your best choice:
- Even though Florida Blue Medicare Supplement plans for 2018 can have higher premiums than Advantage plans, the rates you pay are a lot more predictable. If you are trying to live on a tight budget during retirement, that matters.
- Advantage plans typically only cover doctors who are members of their healthcare provider networks, but you do not have to worry about that when you have a Florida Medicare Supplement plan. Any healthcare provider across the nation who accepts Medicare will take your coverage. This is helpful if you like to travel or if you just don’t like to be restricted.
- You are rarely required to consult with your primary care physician to get a referral. Therefore, if you like to see specialists for particular types of healthcare, you can schedule an appointment with them without paying more.
- Advantage plans can go through significant changes each year, so you never really know what to expect from your healthcare over time. Fortunately, there are very few changes to Supplement plans.
- Florida Blue Medicare Supplement Plans include a wide variety of options, such as Plan A, B, C, D, F, G, K, L, M, and N.
One disadvantage of a Florida Blue Medigap plan is the fact that it does not typically offer ancillary coverage, such as hearing, dental, or vision. Additionally, these plans do not cover prescription medication. However, you can look into Florida Blue Medicare prescription drug plans that will help with medication costs.
Florida Blue Medicare Supplement Plans for 2018: A Top Medigap Provider for Florida Seniors
There are several providers out there that offer the plan that you need. One of our favorites is Florida Blue. Its name recognition alone makes it a top choice for many Americans who are looking for reputable and reliable healthcare coverage.
There are various 2018 plans at competitive rates offered by this BCBS-affiliated insurance organization, so you shouldn’t have a difficult time finding the right one for you. The team at My Medigap Plans can help you compare rates and plans so that you can find the right Florida Blue Medicare plan for you and your healthcare needs.
Here are two popular options that might suit your lifestyle:
Florida Blue Plan F
Plan F is the most popular choice among American seniors because it covers most out-of-pocket costs for those on Medicare, including copayments, deductibles, and coinsurance for Part A and B. Plan F’s benefits also include limited coverage for medical emergencies that occur overseas.
Florida Blue Plan G
Plan G offers similar coverage for a lower price. The most notable difference is that Plan G will not cover the deductible for Part B. Once that deductible is paid, however, both Plans G and F offer full coverage.
Are You Ready to Fill Out an Application for a Florida Blue Medicare Supplement Plan?
At My Medigap Plans, we are a Florida Blue Medicare Supplement agency that is licensed to sell individual health, group health, and Medicare Supplement policies in the State of Florida.
We are your top resource for Florida Blue Medicare insurance. If you would like to fill out a Medicare Supplement plan application, or if you would like to learn more about your options, we can help. Don’t assume that your application will be rejected because you have a long-term medical condition!
Not only can you fill out a simple form here on our website to get more information about your options, but you can also give us a call so that we can provide you with additional guidance.
Please note: We are not Florida Blue. This is our general opinion of Florida Blue Medicare Supplement plans. Refer to your complete policy for full coverage details.