So why do so many seniors in the United States choose Plan F for their Medicare supplement policy? In short, it’s the most comprehensive plan available today. In this article, we break down everything you need to know about Medicare Supplement Plan F.
The Benefits of Medicare Supplement Plan F:
Enhancing your standard Medicare coverage with Medicare Supplement Plan F lets you have peace of mind and increases the reach of your Medicare policy. Some features of a standard Medicare plan that Medicare Supplement Plan F helps rectify are:
- Lack of a yearly out-of-pocket expense limitation
- Cost-sharing for most Part B services
- Limits on coverage concerning benefit-period and lifetime hospital days
- Excess charges that occur as a result of healthcare prices that exceed that which is covered
- Limited coverage in foreign health facilities
How Does Medicare Supplemental Plan F Work With Part A in 2018?
While Part A may cover some costs associated with a hospital stay, it has some clear limitations. The comparison between having a supplement plan and not having one in association to Part A is stark. Without a supplement plan, beneficiaries could be stuck paying bills with a price that can grow into five figures or more. One of the main reasons Medicare Supplement Plan F is so popular, despite its higher monthly premium, is because it can help decrease the costs associated with high medical bills that aren’t covered by Part A.
Medicare Supplement Plan F Benefits:
- Hospital coinsurance
- Additional 365 insured days in the hospital after reaching the standard plan’s limit
- Hospice and skilled nursing coinsurance
- Covers 100% of the yearly deductible
- Cover costs for the first three pints of blood in the event of an injury
- Urgent and emergency inpatient care in other countries
After you’ve been to the hospital or received skilled nursing care, the last thing you or your family should be worrying about is how much your stack of medical bills costs. Medicare Supplement Plan F can eliminate your concerns about having to deal with the price of enormous medical bills and give you the peace of mind you need.
Medicare Supplemental Plan F Covers Part B
It goes without saying that inpatient stays can become quite costly, but many people don’t consider the expenses that come with outpatient costs. Individuals who manage chronic diseases generally visit outpatient clinical or therapeutic locations. Many cancer patients, for instance, receive chemotherapy at outpatient clinics, with each visit costing a premium — somewhere in the tens of thousands of dollars. Getting the cheapest supplement plan with the most comprehensive coverage can defray these costs.
Medicare Supplement Plan F Benefits Relating to Part B:
- Covers 100% of your annual Part B deductible
- Covers charges over Medicare-allowed guidelines
- Helps with urgent care in foreign countries
- Covers the cost of copays and coinsurance
With Medicare Supplement Plan F, you won’t have to put off a check-up or lab work because you’re worried about the expense. You’ll also be given the freedom of a liquid network, meaning that you can choose your doctor, basing your choice on factors such as their reviews and experience, and not upon how much they will charge you for a visit.
What Do I Need To Know About Medicare Plan F and Provider Networks?
- You can use any doctor in the United States that accepts standard Medicare
- You won’t be required to get a referral
- You’ll have the freedom of no provider network
- You can change doctors anytime
- You have access to any hospital or facility that accepts standard Medicare
Who Should Buy Medicare Supplement Plan F?
- People who manage and live with a chronic medical condition. These individuals should enroll in the most robust Medicare Supplement plan that they can find to help them save money in the long run.
- Travelers who plan to travel around the United States, cross the border, fly, or cruise to other countries may enjoy knowing that they have a policy that will allow them access to urgent healthcare in other countries.
- People who want to avoid an annual plan change
- Individuals who want to budget for the cost of a plan rather than variable costs of healthcare
When Should You Buy Medicare Plan F?
In short, when you have an election period.
The best time to apply is during your Initial Election Period, which is the time immediately after you qualify for Medicare Part A and Part B. When you do this, not only will you not have to answer health questions, you also won’t have to worry about being accepted. There are other times when you may be offered a Special Election Period. These happen when you lose job-related benefits or lose your plan through no fault of your own. One thing to keep in mind is that if your change your Plan F outside of your Initial Election Period, you will have to answer health questions to qualify for eligibility.
Examples of Medicare Supplement Plan F Rates in 2018
To give you a better idea of what you could be paying for Medicare Supplement Plan F, we’ve pulled a rate to give you an example. Please note that this is simply an example rate that we’ve pulled from a major metropolitan area in one state, and it is not the cheapest nor the most expensive. This rate isn’t guaranteed to match the Medicare Supplement Plan F rate that you will receive, but it should provide you with a rough idea of how much you could be paying:
- Florida: $150.00 to $200.00 per month
Your Plan F rates will fluctuate based on your:
- Tobacco Use
- Health (depending on when you enroll)
How to Find the Best Medicare Supplement Plan F
If you apply for Medicare Supplement Plan F or any other supplement plan, we can help you with a comparison of competitive rates in your area. Most quotes vary by ZIP code or insurance company. Insurers can offer:
- Family discounts
- Membership discounts
- Various incentives
Looking over the reviews for customer service, claims handling, or billing alternatives can help you make an educated decision on the best plan for you.
Top Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan F Companies in 2018
Choosing the best insurance company for your needs is essential to ensuring comfortability and comprehensive coverage. While several insurers may compete for business in your area, these are Medicare Supplement insurance companies that we commonly suggest:
Each of these companies is considered a nationwide Medicare Supplement insurance company; however, they don’t all market their Medigap plans in every state or city. As we mentioned, rates and discounts may vary depending upon your personal information and location, so we can’t decisively say that one company will be a better provider for your Medicare supplement plan than the next. What we can do, though, is compare quotes, check local reviews, and look for membership perks and the cheapest premiums that offer you the best value for your money.
Compare Medicare Supplement Plan F Rates Online
You can use our online quote form to get started comparing monthly premiums. If you find yourself needing more guidance in choosing a plan, we provide a toll-free service where you can talk to one of our licensed insurance agents. They’ll review the details of different programs with you and can help you choose the right supplement plan for your needs.