Medicare Supplement Plan F is by far the most popular Medicare Supplement plan level in the United States. While about 52% of seniors who buy any supplement choose this supplement, only about 12% percent pick plan G, the next most popular Medigap plan level. Medicare Plan F is the richest most comprehensive plan available today.
Medicare Supplement Plan F Benefits:
- Original Medicare doesn’t limit yearly out-of-pocket expenses.
- Part B imposes cost-sharing for most services that it helps cover.
- Part A limits coverage for the number of benefit-period and lifetime hospital days.
- These days, lots of healthcare providers want to charge more than Medicare allows, and the responsibility for excess charges rests on the beneficiary.
- Medicare only pays for foreign care in limited circumstances.
How Medicare Supplemental Plan F Works With Part A
Without any insurance, even short hospital stays generate can high, five-figure bills. Part A helps, but it has limits. One of the main reasons that Medicare Supplement plan F may be so popular is that it helps relieve concerns over some of the potentially high medical bills that part A may require beneficiaries to handle if they don’t have another insurance policy to help manage costs.
Medicare Supplement Plan F Benefits:
- Hospital coinsurance
- An extra 365 days in the hospital after the limit of days have been used up
- Hospice and skilled nursing coinsurance
- The yearly deductible
- Initial three pints of blood
- Urgent and emergency inpatient care in other countries
After you’ve been to the hospital or needed skilled nursing, the last thing you or your family probably want to worry about is a stack of medical bills. A Medicare Supplement plan F can eliminate this concern and offer you peace of mind.
Medicare Supplemental Plan F Covers Part B
Certainly, inpatient stays are expensive. At the same time, it might be imprudent to underestimate some outpatient costs. People who have to manage chronic diseases may mostly access outpatient clinical or therapy services. One of the most infamous examples of this is the fact many cancer patients receive chemotherapy at outpatient clinics, but each visit might cost in the five-figure range without an insurance policy to defray costs.
Medicare Supplement Plan F benefits on Part B:
- Annual deductible
- Charges over Medicare-allowed guidelines
- Foreign-land urgent care
- Copays and coinsurance
With Medicare Supplement plan F, you won’t have to put off a check-up or lab work because you’re worried about the cost. You should also enjoy plenty of freedom to base your choice of doctors upon their reviews and experience and not upon how much they charge you for a visit.
Does Medicare Plan F Use Provider Networks?
- No. You can use any doctor in the United States that accept Original Medicare
- No referrals required
- You want the freedom of no network
- Change doctors anytime
- Use any hospital or facility that accepts Original Medicare
Who Buys Medicare Supplement Plan F?
- Anybody who may need to manage a chronic medical condition should find that the most robust of the Medicare Supplement plans will help them save money even if it costs the most.
- If you plan to travel around the United States, cross the border, or fly or cruise to other countries, you may enjoy knowing you have a policy that will help you access urgent healthcare in other countries.
- You want to avoid changing plans yearly
- Do you want to plan for your future medical costs? If so, you can simply plan to budget for the cost of Medicare supplement plan F and not most medical expenses.
When Should You Buy Medicare Plan F?
You have an Initial Election Period right when you qualify for part A and B that allows you to apply for your supplement without worrying about answering health questions. During this time, everybody is accepted who has part A and B. You may also get other Special Election Periods if you lose job-related medical benefits, lose your plan through no fault of your own, and so on. If you change your plan F outside of your Initial Election Period, you will have to answer health questions to qualify.
Examples of Medicare Supplement Plan F Rates
Note that these are simply example rates that we pulled from major metro areas in selected states. They probably won’t represent the exact quotes that you will get when you compare Medicare Supplement plan F rates for yourself. At the same time, we believe these samples can give you a rough guide to plan costs. Your Plan F rates could vary by your home address, your age, tobacco use, gender, and sometimes, your health.
These Medicare Supplement plan F rates are for a woman who is 65 and doesn’t smoke:
- Florida: $150.00 to $200.00
How to Find the Best Medicare Supplement plan F
If you plan to apply for Plan F or any of the Medicare Supplement plans, we suggest using us to help you compare competitive rates in your local area. As you can see, your quotes can vary by your ZIP code. They also vary by insurance company.
Some insurers may offer family discounts, membership discounts, and other valuable perks. Others might have better reviews for customer service, claims handling, or billing alternatives. We’re familiar with the ins and outs of many top Medicare Supplement insurance companies, we have kept up with company reviews, and can help you select the best Medicare Supplement plan F company for your unique needs and location.
Top Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan F Companies
If you obtain quotes directly from one insurance company or another, it won’t save you money. It also won’t give you the competitive information you need to make a good choice. Several insurers may compete for business in your area, but these are Medicare Supplement insurance companies that we commonly suggest:
These are all considered nationwide Medicare Supplement insurance companies. However, they don’t all market their Medigap plans in every state or city. Also, rates and discounts may vary by location. That’s why we can’t say that one of these is the best choice for Medicare Supplement plans for you without knowing a few more specifics. We compare quotes, check local reviews, and look for membership perks that offer you the best value to make our suggestions.
You Can Compare Medicare Supplement Plan F Rates Online
Use our online quote form to get started comparing premiums. In some cases, you may need more help than online reviews and details can provide, and we also offer a toll-free phone number that will directly connect you to an agent.
We’re not here to tell you that there is one right solution for every individual. We offer online tools and experienced agents to help you make the best choice for yourself.