Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G is one of 10 standardized Medicare Supplement insurance plans available to help seniors pay for out of pocket costs relating to health care. These out of pocket costs include the Part A deductible and emergency room visits.
Here are a few Plan G highlights:
- Rapidly becoming the most popular among Medicare Supplement plans
- Offers the highest benefit level for beneficiaries
- Except for the $233 Medicare Part B deductible for 2022, it fills in the coverage gaps left after Original Medicare (that’s why it’s frequently called Medigap Plan G)
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G Benefits
Medicare Supplement Plan G offers the most comprehensive coverage.
Plan G Covers:
- Medicare Part A hospital coinsurance
- Inpatient hospital costs up to 365 days after Medicare benefits are used
- Part A hospice care copays or coinsurance
- Part A deductible
- Part B preventive office visit coinsurance
- Part B coinsurance or copays
- Part B excess charges
- First three pints of blood needed for a medical procedure
- Coinsurance for skilled nursing facility care
- Limited foreign travel emergency care
Plan G does not cover:
- Part B deductible
- Dental, hearing, or vision
Aetna Medicare Plan G Cost
The cost for Medigap plan G varies based on location, gender, and age. For reference, here are the Prices for what a 65-year-old female in Dallas TX who doesn’t smoke might pay for a Medigap Plan G:
65-Year Old Female Non-Tobacco
|Plan Type||Premium Range|
|Plan G||$105.46 – $125.96|
What is Aetna Plan G rate increase history?
Aetna, like every insurance company, has rate increases.
Increases are based on several factors:
- Policy type
- Economic factors such as inflation
Previous rate increases can give you an idea of what your monthly premiums might be like in the future, but they’re not set in stone. Here are some details on rate increases:
- Historically between 3% and 10%
- Typically modest for Plan G due to the larger number of seniors insured
Aetna uses the “attained-age” rating method when setting monthly premiums for Medicare Supplement insurance plans. Attained-age rating bases premiums on your current age. This means that in addition to inflation or other economic factors, your rates will increase as you get older.
If you’re shopping for a Medigap policy, Aetna Medicare Plan G offers some advantages:
- 12-month rate-lock: A guarantee that your rates won’t increase the first year.
- 30-day free look period: You can cancel your health insurance policy for any reason within 30 days of enrollment and get a full refund of premiums you paid.
- Household discount: Eligibility rules and the discount amount can vary by state.
Does Aetna Medicare Supplement have SilverSneakers?
Medigap plan G does not cover SilverSneakers. Only certain Medicare Advantage plans offer this benefit.
Ready to learn more?
To get started, just enter your state in the drop-down menu right here on our website. You can also give us a call to speak with one of our qualified agents.
In the end, you might choose Aetna or another insurer. We aren’t here to sell you on one company or one insurance choice. Our mission is to give you the answers that you need to make the right decision about Medicare Supplement plans.
Please note: We are not Aetna, and this is our general opinion of Aetna Medicare Supplement plans. Refer to your complete policy for full coverage details.