For 2024, the most comprehensive coverage in Michigan is offered by Medicare Supplement Plan G, making it the best choice. Medigap plans do not use a network and go wherever Original Medicare is accepted.
The best price for Plan G in Michigan is with Humana, which is $120 per month.
There are ten standardized Medicare Supplement plans to choose from, here is an overview of the top four plans:
Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan G
- Medigap Plan G is the most comprehensive plan for Medicare beneficiaries.
- Covers 33% of state enrollees with over 136,205 beneficiaries.
- Offers almost identical coverage at a significantly lower monthly premium for those eligible for Medicare Plan F.
- It covers everything except the $226 Part B deductible.
Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan N
- Medicare Plan N suits beneficiaries willing to trade benefits for savings on their monthly premiums.
- Over 63,410 policyholders in Michigan.
- Has up to $20 copay for office visits.
- Up to $50 copay for emergency room visits (waived if admitted).
Medicare Supplement High Deductible Plan G
- Same benefits as Medicare Plan G.
- The annual deductible amount is $2,700.
- Much more affordable compared to Medicare Plan G.
- High Deductible Plan G is considerably cheaper than High Deductible Plan F.
Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan F
- Medigap Plan F covers everything, including the Medicare Part A and $226 Part B deductible.
- Only individuals eligible for Medicare before Jan. 1, 2020, can join.
- Over 116,700 beneficiaries currently have Plan F.
To get a closer look at the available Medigap plans, you can also check out our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart.
What’s the Most Popular Medicare Supplement Company in Michigan?
We have concluded that Humana Insurance Company offers the most competitive rates in Michigan for Plan G and Plan F. However, it’s important to note that cost should not be the sole determinant when choosing a Medicare Supplement provider.
To further assist you in making an informed decision, we have prepared a comprehensive chart that compares Humana with other Medicare Supplement companies in Michigan. This chart provides valuable information, such as sample premiums and ratings.
We have considered quality and affordability to present you with the best Medicare Supplement options.
|Company||AM Best Rating||Plan G Rates||Plan A Rates||Hi-F Rates||Plan F Rates|
|Humana Insurance Company||A-||$120.64||$119.33||n/a||$142.27|
|Ace Property and Casualty Insurance Company||A++||$125.08||$123.75||n/a||$143.50|
|American Home Life Insurance Company||B++||$129.44||$128.79||n/a||$156.60|
|Paramount Insurance Company||NR||$129.67||$110.49||n/a||$150.96|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan||A||$130.06||$110.94||$70.75||$185.36|
|SBLI USA Life Insurance Company, Inc (Prosperity)||A-||$130.70||$129.40||n/a||$143.61|
|Allstate Health Solutions||A+||$130.75||$125.34||$49.91||$162.73|
|American Benefit Life Insurance Company||A-||$135.71||$135.03||n/a||$168.05|
|Philadelphia American Life Insurance Company||A-||$136.37||$123.47||$41.63||$193.27|
|Continental Life Insurance Company of Brentwood, Tennessee (Aetna)||A||$140.36||$137.03||n/a||$184.18|
|Cigna National Health Insurance Company||A||$140.45||$155.93||n/a||$170.43|
|Omaha Supplemental Insurance Company||A+||$141.07||$136.84||n/a||$167.71|
|United States Fire Insurance Company||A||$143.50||$142.42||n/a||$169.33|
|Manhattan Life Assurance Company||B++||$145.17||$143.83||n/a||$180.58|
|Medico Insurance Company (Preferred)||A||$148.49||$147.01||$53.93||$179.78|
|Capitol Life Insurance Company||A-||$149.29||$147.80||n/a||$198.83|
|Elips Life Insurance Company||A||$152.58||$150.92||n/a||$179.00|
|Union Security Insurance Company||B++||$169.83||$168.97||n/a||$213.84|
|United American Insurance Company||A||$184.00||$141.00||$34.00||$263.00|
|Bankers Fidelity Assurance Company (Preferred)||A-||$184.72||$173.65||n/a||$184.71|
|Assured Life Association||NR||$211.03||$209.33||n/a||$258.73|
|Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company||A-||$214.60||$206.60||n/a||$275.00|
|GPM Health and Life Insurance Company||A-||$261.29||$256.60||n/a||$361.56|
When Is the Right Time to Apply for a Medigap Plan?
The effective date for Medigap policies is thirty days after you enroll. Unlike Medicare Advantage and Part D prescription drug plans, Medigap plans in Michigan do not have an annual open enrollment window. Here’s when you can apply.
Medigap Open Enrollment Period
- No medical underwriting is required.
- A company cannot deny you coverage.
- Insurers must cover pre-existing health conditions.
- An insurance company cannot charge more because of health history.
Special Enrollment Periods
There are a few other times when you can enroll in a Medicare Supplement plan in Michigan and have guaranteed rights:
- When you retire from group coverage.
- If your Medigap insurer goes bankrupt.
- You have Medicare Advantage or Medicare Select and move out of the plan’s service area.
Our expertise lies in offering invaluable assistance to Medicare beneficiaries in Michigan, aiding them in navigating through the wide array of available Medicare insurance options. We are dedicated to ensuring that individuals receive the guidance they need to make informed decisions and secure the coverage that best suits their needs.
We partner with leading Medigap carriers across the nation to provide you with the utmost level of service.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Premiums range from $34 to $300 monthly. The cost of Medicare Supplement plans in Michigan will vary depending on factors such as the type of plan, age, and location.
The top-rated providers for Medicare Supplement plans include Humana, Aetna, United Healthcare, and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
Yes, Plan G is offered in Michigan, and the average cost is between $120 to $261 per month.
- Types of Medigap Plans
- How Much Do Medigap Plans Cost?
- When Can I Apply for a Medicare Supplement Plan?
- How Do I Enroll in a Medigap Plan?
- When Can I Change Medigap Plans?
- Can I Be Denied Medigap Coverage?
- CMS Medicare Services
- Michigan Medicare Savings Program
- Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services
Average quotes are for sample purposes only. Actual premiums are based on several factors, including health conditions, age, location, tobacco status, gender, and insurance provider.