Best Medicare Supplement Plans in Massachusetts – F, G & N Benefits
The best Medicare Supplement insurance plans in Massachusetts can help beneficiaries fill in the coverage gaps left by Original Medicare insurance. Some examples include the coinsurance, deductibles, and copays included in Original Medicare insurance. If you’re about to be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B or dissatisfied with current coverage, take a moment to lean about this common way to enhance Massachusetts Medicare coverage.
Benefits of Medicare Supplement Core Plan and Supplement Plan 1 in Massachusetts
In most states, people can choose between 10 Medicare Supplement insurance plans. For example, Medigap Plan F is the most popular plan in most states, but Medicare beneficiaries can typically choose plans like Medigap Plan G or Medigap Plan N when signing up for Supplemental health insurance.
Massachusetts also has standardized Medigap plans, but they only offer two of them, so there are not as many plan options. These two Medicare Supplement plans in Massachusetts are called the Core Plan and Supplement 1.
All Medigap policies help cover Original Medicare’s deductibles, coinsurance, and copayments. Both the Core Medigap plan and Supplement 1 in Massachusetts offer the same basic benefits, and these include Part A Coinsurance, Part B Coinsurance, and three pints of blood each year.
To choose the best Medicare Supplement plan in Massachusetts, it’s also important to know about the extra coverage offered by Supplement 1. By choosing these upgraded Medicare Supplement insurance plans in Massachusetts, a Medicare recipient also gets coverage for:
- The Part A and B deductible
- Part A nursing facility coinsurance
- Foreign travel emergency care, extra days of mental health care, and state-mandated benefits
Naturally, Medigap plans in Massachusetts with more coverage will charge somewhat higher premiums. Since Medicare insurance companies set their own rates, it’s important to compare premiums from various insurers too.
These tips can help people shop for the best Medicare Supplement plan in Massachusetts:
- For the same standard supplement, the benefits will be the same for any of the standardized Medicare Supplement insurance plans in Massachusetts. In other words, the Core Plan in Massachusetts will be the same from any insurance company.
- Besides the rates, insurers may also offer member discount plans that make it easier to afford such services as dental and vision care. Some companies may also offer household discounts to make them attractive to spouses or other family groups.
When it’s time to compare Massachusetts Medicare Supplement plans, it’s important to note that they won’t cover most prescriptions. Even the best Medicare Supplement insurance plan in Massachusetts will only help pay for medicine in limited circumstances. They were modeled after Original Medicare, and that’s what it does. It’s also a good idea to compare the rates and benefits of Medicare Part D drug coverage.
If you don’t think that one of the Medicare Supplement plans is right for you, you can also check out Medicare Advantage plans.
The Best Time to Enroll in Medigap Plans in Massachusetts
To ensure enrollment in the best Medicare Supplement plans in Massachusetts, it’s important to time enrollment well. These are some examples:
- Initial Enrollment Period: Everybody gets an Initial Enrollment Period when they first qualify for Part A and B at age 65. During this time, a Medicare insurance company cannot charge higher rates or decline applications because of health issues. People who have group coverage from a job may also be able to delay enrollment and their Medigap Open Enrollment Period.
- Medigap Open Enrollment Period: In addition to this first Medigap Open Enrollment Period, beneficiaries can also qualify for a Special Enrollment Period because of certain life events. These may include losing job-related health plans, moving away from the old plan’s service area, and so on.
At other times, a beneficiary can still apply for Medigap policies. The insurance company could decline them or charge them higher rates because of health, so it’s not a sure thing. That’s why most people try to apply for the best Medicare supplement insurance plan in Massachusetts when they can enjoy guaranteed enrollment.
When you’re going through the process of choosing and signing up for a Supplement that will help with hospital deductibles, care in mental health hospitals, care in a skilled nursing facility, inpatient hospital costs and more, you can also look into prescription drug plans.
Medicare Part A, Medicare Part B, and the Medicare Supplement plans do not include prescription drug coverage. However, you can buy a plan through a company like Blue Cross Blue Shield so you will have prescription drug coverage throughout the calendar year.
Statistics for Medicare Supplement Plans in Massachusetts
To begin, review this list of facts about Medicare Supplement insurance plans in Massachusetts:
- Just under a million Massachusetts residents qualify for Original Medicare insurance.
- Out of all state beneficiaries enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B, almost 300,000 purchased Medigap plans in Massachusetts.
Massachusetts Medigap Resources
These important resources can help many Massachusetts residents in Worcester and beyond who are enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B:
- Prescription Extra Help
- Massachusetts Programs for Seniors
- CMS: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
We also have licensed insurance agents who are familiar with how Medicare works in Massachusetts. If you want to compare plans and find the plan with a monthly premium that fits your budget, we can help. Check out our phone number here on our site and give us a call today. If you do, we can share helpful information about the Medicare plans that are available for Massachusetts residents, including Supplement plans and Medicare Part C.
Related Topics for Comparing Medicare Supplement Companies and Plans in Massachusetts
My Medigap Plans is a rapidly growing resource for Medicare beneficiaries. We specialize in educating consumers on their options and guiding them through the process of plan selection. We work closely with some of the nations top rated carriers such as Aetna, Cigna and Mutual of Omaha. Compare our list of the 10 Best Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies or take a deeper look at the plans by reviewing our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart. Learn more or about Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans, or request a Medicare Supplement Plan Quote.