When you compare plans to Supplement your Original Medicare benefits, you should check out Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan F. Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan F is designed to work with your Medicare benefits to help you save on health care and medical expenses. If you are signing up for your Medicare benefits soon and want additional health care coverage, it’s best to compare Medicare Supplement plan options.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan F Benefits
Before choosing the Cigna Medicare Supplement insurance plan F, you’ll need to determine what each plan will cover. No matter what insurance company you select, Medigap Plan F will provide these benefits:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs after Medicare benefits are exhausted (for an additional 365 days)
- Medicare Part B coinsurance and copayments
- First three pints of blood when needed for a medical procedure
- Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance or copayments
- Skilled nursing facility care (SNF) coinsurance
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Some foreign travel emergency care
By looking at the list above, you can probably see that you can enjoy many benefits on top of Original Medicare (Medicare Part A and Part B) by signing up for Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan F. For example, you can save on doctor’s office visits and more. However, when you compare your options, be aware that these things are not a part of the benefits for any Medigap policy, including Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan F:
- Medicare Part D prescription drug plan
- Medicare Part B premium
There are no plan limits with Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan F.
How Much Does Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan F Cost?
Medigap Plan G or Cigna Medigap plan F rates are all rated in one of three ways, no matter which insurance company you choose. These are the three rating systems that your insurance carrier might use when calculating your rates:
- Attained age – With a Medigap policy that is rated this way, your rates will go up yearly. This is because Cigna Medigap plan F rates are based on your age.
- Issue-age – Beneficiaries are charged based on the age they are when they sign up for their plan.
- Community-rated – All beneficiaries who buy a plan through the company pay the same amount for their benefits.
|Plan type||Premium Range|
|Plan F||$180.00 – $300.00|
|Plan G||$117.00 – $220.00|
|Plan N||$90.00 – $200.00|
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan F Reviews
After exploring Medicare Supplement Plan N, Medicare Supplement Plan G, Medicare Supplement Plan A, and your other options, you might have decided that Cigna Medigap plan F is the Medicare plan for you. However, you might not be sure whether or not you should opt for Cigna Medicare Supplement insurance or insurance from another United States insurance company. These are a few reasons to review Cigna:
- Cigna is one of the best-rated companies out there. It has strong financial strength and customer service ratings.
- Cigna is one of the most popular companies for Medicare Supplement insurance, including Plan F.
- Cigna is a well-known health and life insurance company. Cigna offers health insurance and other products. It includes divisions like the American Retirement Life Insurance Company, Loyal American Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health, and more.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan F Vs. Plan G
Although you might be interested in Cigna Medigap Plan F, you should compare the benefits of other options before signing up for your benefits. Cigna Medigap Plan F is a great choice, but you should also check out Medigap Plan G.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan F rates are typically higher than the Cigna Medigap plan G rates. However, because of the cheaper rates, it’s not a bad idea to look into the benefits of Plan G if you’re concerned about your out-of-pocket costs. Another reason why you might want to look into Plan G is because of the changes that are coming up in 2020. Those eligible for Medicare Part B on or after January 1, 2020, will not be able to sign up for a plan that covers the Medicare Part B deductible amount. This includes both Plan C and Plan F.
If this rule applies to you and you’ve been considering signing up for Medigap Plan F, this might be disappointing news. However, Plan G is an excellent alternative to consider. Monthly premiums are cheaper than Medigap Plan F rates. However, it offers the same benefits as Plan F, other than the fact that the benefits don’t include payment of the Medicare Part B deductible. Since this is the only difference, and you can still save a lot on your out-of-pocket expenses for emergency room visits, doctor’s appointments, and more, it’s an option to consider.
Cigna High Deductible Medicare Supplement Plan F
Cigna Medigap Plan F is available as both a high deductible Medicare Supplement plan option and a standard option. Some people want the best Medicare Supplement Plan F benefits but a lower monthly premium. It’s best for those in this situation to consider high deductible Plan F. There is a deductible on Cigna’s high deductible Medicare Supplement plan F that you have to pay before your benefits kick in, but your monthly premiums are much cheaper.
If you want to save on medical expenses and services, looking into Medicare Supplement plans like Plan F is a good idea. Our website makes this easy. You can make a comparison of your options and find the best prices for Medigap plans right here on our site. Beyond using our website, you can also give us a call and talk to one of our licensed insurance agents about Medicare Supplement plans. Then, you’ll have individualized help while you compare your options and will have assistance in picking the best plan for you. Many beneficiaries have called us for help with Supplement plans and Medicare Advantage, and you can be one of those beneficiaries. So give us a call today, and you’ll be signed up for health care coverage in no time.
Compare Medicare Supplement Companies and Plans
My Medigap Plans is a rapidly growing resource for Medicare beneficiaries. We specialize in educating consumers on their options and guiding them through the plan selection process. We work closely with some of the nation’s top-rated carriers, such as Aetna, Cigna, and Mutual of Omaha. Compare our list of the 10 Best Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies or take a deeper look at the plans by reviewing our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart. Learn more or request a Medicare Supplement Plan Quote today.