Best Medicare Supplement Plans in Tennessee
Ten Medigap plans cover some or all of the coinsurance amounts, deductibles, and copayments included in Original Medicare insurance.
- In 2023, Medicare Supplement Plan G is the best option, quickly overtaking Medicare Plan F in TN through enrollment.
- Cigna is a top company offering Plan G premiums for a 65-year-old nonsmoking male for $126 per month.
What Do Medicare Supplement Plans Cover?
Below is a list of the top four plans with coverage highlights:
Medicare Supplement Plan G
- Same coverage as Plan F less the Part B deductible.
- Good value if you have a choice between Plan F and Plan G.
- Select any Medicare-participating doctor in the U.S.
- Change doctors at any time.
- Use your preferred Medicare-contracted hospital or healthcare facility.
- See a specialist without a referral.
Medicare Supplement Plan N
- Medigap Plan N provides many of the same benefits as Plan F and Plan G while offering savings on premiums.
- Medicare Part B coinsurance.
- Part A deductible.
- No coverage for Medicare Part B deductible, copayments, or excess charges.
Best Low-Cost Plan: High Deductible Plan G
- High Deductible Plan G has the Same Benefits as Medicare Plan G.
- Annual Deductible of $2,700.
- Significantly Cheaper than Medicare Plan G.
- Considerably Cheaper than High Deductible Plan F yet Covers everything in high deductible F except for the Part B Deductible.
Medicare Supplement Plan F
- Plan F has the most comprehensive benefit level; however, the beneficiary must have a Medicare start date before 1/1/20.
What’s the Most Popular Medicare Supplement Company in Tennessee?
Based on our review of several key factors, Cigna is Tennessee’s top Medicare Supplement company.
Although Cigna Medigap plans may provide some of the most affordable options in Tennessee, cost should not be the only factor when selecting a Medicare Supplement provider. Every company has its unique pros and cons based on its coverage methods.
Cigna stands out among the competition due to its cost-effectiveness, numerous plan options, household discounts on premiums, and excellent customer satisfaction ratings.
This chart compares Cigna with other Medicare Supplement companies in Tennessee. You’ll find helpful information here, like sample premiums and ratings.
|Plan G Cost||Company||Financial Strength|
|$139||Mutual of Omaha||A+|
|Plan N Cost||Company||Financial Strength|
|$102||Mutual of Omaha||A+|
When Can I Enroll in a Medicare Supplement Plan?
To ensure you can enroll in your choice of Medicare Supplement insurance plans, you should try to enroll during a Medigap Open Enrollment Period. You won’t need to answer health questions on your application during these times. In addition, no Medicare insurance company can charge you higher rates or decline you for a pre-existing medical condition during this time.
You get this guaranteed acceptance when:
- You’re first enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B and have an Initial Enrollment Period
- You qualify for a Special Election Period because you lost your old health plan because of certain circumstances
You’re assured of the best rates and guaranteed acceptance if you apply for Medigap policies during a Medigap Open Enrollment Period. However, an insurance company may still accept applicants at other times if they don’t suffer from specific acute or chronic illnesses.
How to Choose a Medigap Plan in Tennessee
As you compare plans available in your area, consider these factors:
Monthly premium: This is paid in addition to your Part B monthly premium. It is a set amount you pay each month, regardless of whether or not you use your benefits. The premium costs are determined based on several factors, such as the type of plan selected, age, gender, tobacco use, and state of residence.
Plan options: With every type of plan, you are offered basic coverage for Part A copays and coinsurance, at least a portion of the Part B copays and coinsurance, three pints of blood, and hospice care. However, other benefits may not be included. Check which benefits are most important to you before finalizing your purchase.
Insurance provider: Always check the ratings and reviews to understand other people’s experiences when looking for a carrier. You can also contact a company representative to discuss their customer service levels and responsiveness.
Extra discounts: Some insurance companies offer additional benefits or discounts once you become a member. For example, you may have access to discounted hearing aid providers or eyeglass suppliers.
Frequently Asked Questions:
These plans can range from $50 to $382 per month.
Cigna and Aetna are two of the nation’s most trusted providers, offering exceptional coverage and service at competitive rates.
The two most popular Medigap plans in Tennessee are Plan G and Plan N.
Plan G is one of Tennessee’s most comprehensive Medicare Supplement Plans. It covers most out-of-pocket expenses associated with Original Medicare, including copayments and coinsurance.
The average monthly premium range is $126-$382. Your premium is based on age, location, and tobacco status.
We specialize in guiding Medicare beneficiaries through their Medicare insurance options. We work with some of the nation’s top-rated Medigap carriers to ensure you get the best possible service. Review our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart and look deeper at the plans. Additionally, you can call us today to learn more or request a quote online.
- Types of Medigap Plans
- How Much Do Medigap Plans Cost?
- When Can I Apply for a Medicare Supplement Plan?
- How Do I Enroll in a Medigap Plan?
- When Can I Change Medigap Plans?
- Can I Be Denied Medigap Coverage?
- CMS Medicare Services
- Tennessee Health Insurance Assistance Program
Average quotes are for sample purposes only. Actual premiums are based on several factors, including health conditions, age, location, tobacco status, gender, and insurance provider.