Ten Medigap plans cover some or all of the many coinsurance amounts, deductibles, and copayments included in Original Medicare insurance.
- In 2023, Medicare Supplement Plan G is the best option and has quickly overtaken Medicare Plan F in TN through enrollment.
- Aetna is a top company offering Plan G premiums for a 65-year-old nonsmoking female for roughly $113.65 per month.
Top Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies in Tennessee
Aetna offers some of the best rates, followed by Mutual of Omaha.
Below are private insurance companies and corresponding ratings per the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). A range of 4 to 5 represents the highest customer satisfaction.
Medicare Supplement Plan options in Tennessee
Medicare Supplement Plan G
Medigap Plan G is a popular plan among Medicare beneficiaries who became eligible on or after January 1, 2020.
- Same coverage as Plan F less the Part B deductible
- Good value if you have a choice between Plan F and Plan G
- Select any Medicare-participating doctor in the U.S.
- Change doctors at any time.
- Use your preferred Medicare-contracted hospital or healthcare facility.
- See a specialist without a referral.
Medicare Supplement Plan N
Medigap Plan N provides many of the same benefits as Plan F and Plan G while offering savings on premiums.
- Medicare Part B coinsurance
- Part A deductible
- No coverage for Medicare Part B deductible, copayments, or excess charges
Copayments you have to pay under Plan N:
- Office visits: up to $20
- Emergency room visits: up to $50
Best Low-Cost Plan: High Deductible Plan G
- High Deductible Plan G has the Same Benefits as Medicare Plan G
- Annual Deductible of $2,700
- Significantly Cheaper than Medicare Plan G
- Considerably Cheaper than High Deductible Plan F yet Covers everything in high deductible F except for the Part B Deductible
Medicare Supplement Plan F
Only beneficiaries eligible for Medicare coverage before January 1, 2020, not presently enrolled, have access to Medigap Plan F, which includes:
- Medicare Part A and Part B coinsurance
- Medicare Part A deductible and Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Foreign travel emergency (80%)
Medicare Supplement Insurance Cost in Tennessee
Here are sample rates for a 65-year-old nonsmoking female living in Robertson County, zip code 37010.
The average monthly cost using this sample is about $98 for 2023.
65-Year-Old Female Non-Tobacco
Plan G $101.71 – $150.01
Plan N $77.88 – $176.21
When can I Enroll in a Medicare Supplement Plan?
To make sure you can enroll in your choice of Medicare Supplement insurance plans, you should try to enroll during a Medigap Open Enrollment Period. You won’t need to answer health questions on your application during these times. In addition, no Medicare insurance company can charge you higher rates or decline you for a pre-existing medical condition during this time.
You get this guaranteed acceptance when:
- You’re first enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B and have an Initial Enrollment Period
- You qualify for a Special Election Period because you lost your old health plan because of certain circumstances
You’re assured of the best rates and guaranteed acceptance if you apply for Medigap policies during a Medigap Open Enrollment Period. However, an insurance company may still accept applicants at other times if they don’t suffer from specific acute or chronic illnesses.
Is Plan G Available in Tennessee?
How much does it cost?
Your premium is based on age, location, and smoking. For example, based on the following Plan G premiums for a 65-year-old nonsmoking female, the average monthly cost is $113.65.
Ready To Learn More?
My Medigap Plans is a rapidly growing resource for Medicare beneficiaries. We specialize in educating consumers on their options and guiding them through the plan selection process. We work closely with some of the nation’s top-rated carriers, such as Aetna, Cigna, and Mutual of Omaha. Compare our list of the 10 Best Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies or take a deeper look at the plans by reviewing our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart. Learn more about Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans, or request a Medicare Supplement Plan Quote.