In Ohio, there are ten Medigap plans available for comparison. Each of these standardized Medigap plans in Ohio provides the same coverage, regardless of the Medicare insurance company you choose.
Out of the ten plans, we have identified Medicare Supplement Plan G as the top choice for the best 2024 Medigap plan in Ohio. It offers competitive rates and the most comprehensive coverage. Aflac offers the best rates for Plan G in Ohio, starting at $106.92 per month.
Original Medicare covers 80% of approved expenses, leaving the remaining 20% to be covered by a Medicare Supplement plan in Ohio, depending on the plan you select.
It’s important to note that the best Medicare Supplement plan in Ohio varies for each beneficiary.
Take a look at this list of the top four Medigap plans with benefit highlights:
Medicare Supplement Plan G
- Medigap Plan G in Ohio is a choice that offers almost as much as Plan F, but that will help you save money on monthly premiums.
- Does not include coverage for the Medicare Part B deductible.
- Plan G offers excellent value for those also eligible for Medicare Plan F.
- Plan G provides coverage to more than 252,100 beneficiaries, accounting for approximately 41% of enrollees in Ohio.
Medicare Supplement Plan N
- The third most popular supplemental insurance plan for beneficiaries in Ohio is Medigap Plan N. This is usually a good choice for beneficiaries who want more than what Plan A offers but don’t want to pay the higher rates for Plan G or F.
- Over 89,300 individuals are enrolled in Plan N.
- Part B deductible is not covered.
- Medicare Part B excess charges are not covered.
- Office visits require a $20 copay.
- Emergency room visits require a $50 copay.
High Deductible Plan G
- Same benefits as Plan G but requires an annual deductible before coverage starts.
- High Deductible Plan G is generally cheaper than a regular Plan G.
- In 2023, the deductible amount is set at $2,700. After meeting this deductible, the plan will provide full coverage for all costs.
Medicare Supplement Plan F
- Plan F offers the highest level of benefits, but it is important to note that the beneficiary must have enrolled in Medicare prior to January 1, 2020.
- More than 215,500 policyholders have chosen to enroll in Plan F.
What’s the Most Popular Medicare Supplement Company in Ohio?
Aflac stands out as the best Medicare Supplement provider in Ohio, renowned for its affordable options.
When selecting a provider, it is vital to consider factors beyond just cost. Each company has its distinct advantages and disadvantages based on its coverage methods.
In this chart, Aflac is compared to other Medicare Supplement companies in Ohio, offering valuable insights such as sample premiums and ratings.
|Company||AM Best Rating||Plan G Rates||Plan A Rates||Plan C Rates||Plan F Rates|
|American Home Life Insurance Company||B++||$108.26||$107.72||n/a||$130.97|
|Allstate Health Solutions||A+||$108.27||$106.14||n/a||$129.94|
|Ace Property and Casualty Insurance Company||A++||$108.50||$107.50||n/a||$123.42|
|SBLI USA Life Insurance Company, Inc (Prosperity) (Preferred)||A-||$109.91||$108.81||n/a||$116.08|
|Omaha Supplemental Insurance Company||A+||$110.73||$107.41||n/a||$135.13|
|American Benefit Life Insurance Company||A-||$110.77||$110.21||n/a||$132.81|
|Elips Life Insurance Company||A||$112.42||$111.33||n/a||$136.92|
|United States Fire Insurance Company||A||$113.00||$111.83||n/a||$137.08|
|Humana Insurance Company||A-||$114.45||$113.22||n/a||$134.98|
|Continental Life Insurance Company of Brentwood, Tennessee (Aetna)||A||$115.12||$106.04||n/a||$144.61|
|Manhattan Life Assurance Company||B++||$116.50||$115.33||n/a||$142.17|
|Cigna National Health Insurance Company||A||$116.89||$116.66||n/a||$132.93|
|Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield – Ohio||A||$120.27||$130.35||n/a||$176.28|
|Heartland National Life Insurance Company||NR||$120.80||$120.31||$158.86||n/a|
|New Era Life Insurance Company||A-||$122.28||$113.69||$145.41||$175.26|
|Medical Mutual of Ohio||NR||$126.95||$104.82||$169.28||$170.53|
|Paramount Insurance Company||NR||$127.17||$107.69||$141.42||$147.83|
|Capitol Life Insurance Company||A-||$129.02||$127.73||n/a||$153.49|
|Bankers Fidelity Assurance Company (Preferred)||A-||$129.14||$122.81||n/a||$154.97|
|Union Security Insurance Company||B++||$136.96||$129.53||n/a||$170.73|
|Medico Insurance Company (Preferred)||A||$140.00||$138.60||n/a||$169.50|
|United American Insurance Company||A||$184.00||$116.00||$234.00||$266.00|
|GPM Health and Life Insurance Company||A-||$189.96||$187.60||$263.36||$265.47|
|Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company||A-||$205.76||$197.95||n/a||$250.99|
|Assured Life Association||NR||$246.82||$225.33||$334.14||$335.48|
Choosing the Best Medigap Plan
Choosing the best Medicare Supplement insurance plan in Ohio can be confusing. Our licensed insurance agents can help you sort through the plan options. In general, here’s what you need to consider:
- Budget: If you have frequent doctor visits, a plan that covers all of your Part B coinsurance might be cheaper long-term than a plan with office visit copays.
- Health condition: If you’re healthy with no pre-existing conditions, a plan with a high deductible might be the best option in return for premium savings.
Take a closer look at the comprehensive range of plans available on our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart.
Support for Next Steps
We understand that navigating the complexities of Medicare can be overwhelming, which is why our team of experts is here to provide personalized assistance every step of the way.
So, we team up with some of the best Medigap carriers in the country to make sure you get top-notch service and coverage. Our wide network lets us offer a variety of options that fit your needs and preferences.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Premiums for Medicare Supplement plans in Ohio can range from $50-$382 per month. The cost can vary depending on various factors, including the type of plan, the provider offering the program, and the age and health status of the individual.
Aflac, Aetna, Cigna, and Mutual of Omaha offer a range of Medicare supplement plans that may fit your needs well.
Plan G in Ohio has an average monthly premium range of $106-$205.
There is no annual election period for Medigap plans, only for Medicare Advantage and Part D plans. Medigap eligibility starts when you’re 65 and enrolled in Part B Medicare.
- Types of Medigap Plans
- How Much Do Medigap Plans Cost?
- When Can I Apply for a Medicare Supplement Plan?
- How Do I Enroll in a Medigap Plan?
- When Can I Change Medigap Plans?
- Can I Be Denied Medigap Coverage?
- CMS Medicare Services
- Ohio State Health Insurance Assistance Program
Average quotes are for sample purposes only. Actual premiums are based on several factors, including health conditions, age, location, tobacco status, gender, and insurance provider.