There are ten Medicare Supplement plans in Nevada to choose from; each offers a way to lower out-of-pocket costs associated with Original Medicare. These medical expenses include your Medicare Part A deductible and coinsurance that can add up quickly.
- In Nevada, Medicare Supplement Plan G offers the best coverage for 2024.
- Medigap Plan N and High Deductible Plan G are considered by many to offer the best value with lower premiums than Plan G.
- American Home Life Insurance Company offers the best rates on Plan G at $129 per month.
Below is a list of the top four plans:
Best Comprehensive Coverage: Medicare Supplement Plan G
- Medicare Plan G is cheaper than Medicare Plan F, the most comprehensive plan available to those eligible for Medicare.
- Plan G provides coverage for 35,820 policyholders, accounting for 36% of the total state enrollees.
- This health insurance option offers very similar coverage to Plan F. If you’re willing to pay the Medicare Part B deductible yourself, you can save plenty with the more affordable monthly premiums of Plan G.
- Plan G does NOT cover the Medicare Part B deductible.
Best Value: Medicare Supplement Plan N
- Designed with budget-conscious Medicare beneficiaries in mind, Medigap Plan N in Nevada is one of the more affordable Medicare plans.
- Nevada Medicare Supplement Plan N offers substantial benefits on top of the federal Medicare program’s Medicare benefits for Parts A and B. However, you will be responsible for some out-of-pocket costs.
- Over 11,600 individuals are provided coverage through Plan N.
- It’s an excellent balance for many people who don’t want to pay a lot for their monthly premiums but don’t want to rely on Medicare alone for their medical expenses.
Best Low-Cost Plan: High Deductible Plan G
- Same benefits as Medicare Plan G.
- Annual deductible of $2,700.
- Significantly cheaper than Medicare Plan G.
- High Deductible Plan G is considerably cheaper than High Deductible Plan F.
Best Full Coverage: Medicare Supplement Plan F
- Across the United States and in Nevada, Medigap Plan F is the most popular Medicare Supplement plan but is only available to those eligible for Medicare after Jan. 1, 2020.
- Plan F provides coverage to over 46,800 individuals, which accounts for 41% of all policyholders.
What’s the Most Popular Medicare Supplement Company in Nevada?
After considering important factors, American Home Life Insurance Company came out on top as the best Medicare Supplement company in Nevada.
While their plans may have some affordable options, it’s worth considering other factors when choosing a provider. American Home Life Insurance Company stands out because it’s cost-effective, offers a variety of plans, gives discounts for households, and has high customer satisfaction ratings.
Check out this chart for a comparison of American Home Life Insurance Company with other Medicare Supplement companies in Nevada. It provides helpful information such as sample premiums and ratings.
|Company||AM Best Rating||Plan G Rates||Plan A Rates||Plan L Rates||Plan F Rates|
|American Home Life Insurance Company||B++||$129.40||$128.75||n/a||$155.32|
|Ace Property and Casualty Insurance Company||A++||$129.58||$128.25||n/a||$150.00|
|American Benefit Life Insurance Company||A-||$132.92||$132.26||n/a||$162.03|
|SBLI USA Life Insurance Company, Inc (Prosperity)||A-||$138.63||$137.24||n/a||$147.32|
|Continental Life Insurance Company of Brentwood, Tennessee (Aetna)||A||$142.19||$139.53||n/a||$178.10|
|Manhattan Life Assurance Company||B++||$147.17||$155.92||n/a||$180.08|
|Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield – Nevada||A||$148.45||n/a||n/a||$201.97|
|Accendo Insurance Company||A||$154.94||$137.53||n/a||$168.02|
|Capitol Life Insurance Company||A-||$157.57||$155.99||n/a||$199.33|
|Allstate Health Solutions||A+||$161.14||$156.21||n/a||$198.64|
|Bankers Fidelity Assurance Company (Preferred)||A-||$163.05||$168.65||n/a||$209.53|
|Union Security Insurance Company||B++||$165.52||$162.38||n/a||$208.37|
|Omaha Insurance Company||A+||$172.08||$150.19||n/a||$206.50|
|Lumico Life Insurance Company||A||$175.58||$172.08||n/a||$214.25|
|Cigna National Health Insurance Company||A||$179.48||$156.23||n/a||$207.32|
|United American Insurance Company||A||$182.00||$135.00||$160.00||$179.00|
|Humana Insurance Company||A-||$191.24||$144.62||$160.47||$244.59|
|Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company||A-||$262.29||$257.35||n/a||$262.29|
The Medigap Birthday Rule in Nevada
The Nevada Medigap Birthday Rule, effective as of January 2022, is a valuable provision for Medicare beneficiaries residing in Nevada. Under this rule, Medicare Supplement policyholders are granted a new open enrollment period that starts on the first day of their birthday month and lasts for a minimum of 60 days.
During this period, policyholders have the flexibility to either purchase a new Medicare Supplement plan (with the same or lesser benefits) from their current provider or switch to a new provider, all without the need for underwriting.
This annual opportunity allows beneficiaries to review and adjust their coverage based on their current health needs.
We’re Here to Help
To gain a comprehensive understanding of the benefits provided by each Medigap plan, we invite you to explore our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart.
We specialize in providing personalized guidance to Medicare beneficiaries, assisting them in navigating their insurance options. We collaborate with highly regarded Medigap carriers across the nation, ensuring that you receive exceptional service.
Frequently Asked Questions:
These plans range from $50-$350 per month, and the exact premiums will depend on your age, the type of coverage you select, and the insurance provider you choose.
American Home Life Insurance Company offers the cheapest rates for Plan G in Nevada.
Plan G in Nevada is $129-$184 per month on average. This plan covers many of the costs not covered by Original Medicare.
- Types of Medigap Plans
- How Much Do Medigap Plans Cost?
- When Can I Apply for a Medicare Supplement Plan?
- How Do I Enroll in a Medigap Plan?
- When Can I Change Medigap Plans?
- Can I Be Denied Medigap Coverage?
- CMS Medicare Services
- Nevada Medicare Supplement Insurance Guide
- Nevada Medicare Assistance Program
Average quotes are for sample purposes only. Actual premiums are based on several factors, including health conditions, age, location, tobacco status, gender, and insurance provider.