Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G helps beneficiaries cover expenses that Original Medicare benefits don’t cover. Because payments like copays, deductibles, and coinsurances can add up, having Medicare Supplement insurance can give you peace of mind.
There are 10 standardized Medigap plans – A, B, C, D, F, G, K, L, M, and N. But Plan G is rapidly becoming one of the most popular plans. Here’s a look at why:
- Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G provides the highest benefit level of all the Medigap plans offered to new Medicare enrollees after January 1, 2020.
- Plan G covers all the gaps to Original Medicare apart from the Part B deductible.
- Plan G has the best option for low monthly premiums with high-deductible plan options.
- Medicare Supplement Plan G also includes foreign travel emergency care and Medicare Part B excess charges.
What does Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G cover?
Plan G covers:
- Part A hospital coinsurance
- Inpatient hospital costs for up to 365 days after your Original Medicare hospitalization benefits end
- Medicare Part A hospice care copays or coinsurance
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B coinsurance for preventive care and outpatient visits
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copays
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- First three pints of blood if needed for a medical procedure
- Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance
- Foreign travel emergency care up to plan limits
- Please note: The $233 Medicare Part B deductible for 2022 is not covered
How much does Mutual of Omaha plan G cost?
How much you pay for your Medicare Supplement Plan G monthly premium with Mutual of Omaha depends on where you live and your personal health information.
For a 65-year old female, non-smoker, living in the Texas 77449 zip code, the average premium would be $108.06 per month in 2022.
What is the rate increase history with Mutual of Omaha?
Even though rate increases are inevitable no matter what health insurance company you use, Mutual of Omaha keeps them as low as possible. Because Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement insures a larger number of beneficiaries than smaller companies, this means they can sustain risk better than their competition. And the result of this is smaller increases in premium rates.
On average, rate increases with MOO as with many other companies, fall between 3% and 10%, depending on several factors. To protect yourself from a rate increase, you can enroll in a plan that offers a 12-month rate lock. This gives you the guarantee that your rates won’t go up during the first year of your coverage.
Mutual of Omaha also offers a Free Look Period which lasts for 30 days. You can cancel your policy any time, and for any reason, during the 30-day period.
Does Mutual of Omaha cover dental and vision care?
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement insurance plans do not cover dental or vision care services.
However, Mutual Omaha offers enrollment opportunities in several insurance plans that cover dental care. From simple, routine exams and procedures to more complicated and expensive ones, you may find supplemental insurance for dental care to enhance your Medicare benefits.
Also, in your area, the insurance company may offer some discounts for vision care. For more information, speak to an insurance agent where you live.
Is Mutual of Omaha a good company?
Mutual of Omaha is a serious company that has been providing health and life insurance since 1909. And it has been serving the Medicare marketplace since it began.
In 1983, MOO founded United World Life insurance to provide a variety of products, including Medicare Supplements, for seniors. Today, it is rated A+ and is a market leader for Medicare Supplement insurance.
In terms of coverage with Medicare Supplement insurance plans, they are the best plans you can get as a Medicare beneficiary. Here are some reasons why that’s true:
- Competitive pricing: All across the United States, they are a competitive option for most customers buying Medicare Supplement plans.
- High satisfaction ratings: 94% of all Omaha customers are satisfied with their supplement insurance. 90% say they would recommend Mutual of Omaha to a family member or friend.
- A+ by the Better Business Bureau
Does Mutual of Omaha pay for gym memberships?
Mutual of Omaha wants to empower seniors with good health. That’s why they have created the Mutually Well Senior Wellness Program. Mutually Well is available for customers with Medicare Supplement plans who want to become members.
Membership in the Mutually Well program is separate from your Omaha Medicare Supplement plan, but pricing is reasonable, so everyone can join.
Ready to learn more?
My Medigap Plans is a rapidly growing resource for Medicare beneficiaries. We specialize in educating consumers on their options and guiding them through the process of plan selection. We work closely with some of the nations top rated carriers. Compare our list of the 10 Best Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies or take a deeper look at the plans by reviewing our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart. Learn more or about Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans, or request a Medicare Supplement Plan Quote.
- Plan G is one of the most comprehensive Medigap Plans available
- No network limits, see any provider that accepts Original Medicare Nationwide
- Mutual of Omaha was founded in 1909