Medicare Supplement plans in Mississippi are intended to enhance the Medicare benefits extended to all beneficiaries through the federal Medicare program. You must remain enrolled in Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B in order to maintain eligibility for a Medigap plan. By enrolling in a Medicare Supplement plan in Mississippi, you can eliminate many if not all of the out-of-pocket costs that come with Original Medicare.
How much do Medicare Supplement Plans cost in Mississippi?
The cost of Medicare Supplement insurance plans varies by zip code. Beneficiaries must also pay for a separate Medicare Part D plan. Consider the following average Plan G rates for a female nonsmoker in 2022. Working with a licensed insurance agent or one of our Policy Guides will help you generate quotes based on your own location.
|Plan Type||Premium Range|
|Plan G||$105.46 - $125.96|
|Plan N||$75.05 - $151.10|
What is the best Medicare Supplement plan in Mississippi?
Selecting a Medigap plan in Mississippi is a personal journey. The best plan for you may not work for someone else. Our Policy Guides are available to help you compare policy limits and rates for all plans, ensuring you make a smart decision.
Start your journey by looking at this quick list of benefits for the leading plans. None of the plans include prescription drug coverage.
1. Best full coverage: Medicare Plan F
- Plan F is the most comprehensive plan available in Mississippi today.
- Eligibility is limited to beneficiaries with Medicare Part B effective dates prior to January 1, 2020.
- Includes Medicare Part A deductible and Medicare Part B deductible.
- Covers Part B coinsurance and excess payments plus copayments and foreign travel emergency coverage.
2. Best in coverage and popularity: Medicare Plan G
- Plan G is the most comprehensive coverage for Medicare beneficiaries with effective dates on or after January 1, 2020.
- Offers the same coverage as Medicare Plan F except for the Medicare Part B deductible. The Part A deductible is covered.
3. Best value: Medicare Plan N
- Plan N offers lower monthly premiums for beneficiaries willing to pay some out-of-pocket costs.
- Requires copayments of up to $20 for doctor visits and up to $50 for emergency room visits.
- Covers the deductible for Medicare Part A but not the excess charges or deductible for Part B.
4. Best cost savings: High Deductible Plan F
- Offers the same coverage as Medicare Plan F but with a higher annual deductible.
- Beneficiaries must pay the deductible before accessing any benefits.
- Significantly lower premiums for those able to meet the deductible.
- In 2022, the deductible is $2,490. The plan will cover 100% of the costs after the deductible is met.
What Companies Sell Medigap Plans in Mississippi?
There are many private insurance companies authorized to sell Medigap policies in Mississippi.
We highly recommend the following three based on their financial stability and history of providing competitive pricing and excellent customer service.
- Mutual of Omaha
Ready to learn more?
My Medigap Plans is a rapidly growing resource for Medicare beneficiaries. We specialize in educating consumers on their options and guiding them through the process of plan selection. We work closely with some of the nations top rated carriers such as Aetna, Cigna and Mutual of Omaha. Compare our list of the 10 Best Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies or take a deeper look at the plans by reviewing our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart. Learn more or about Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans, or request a Medicare Supplement Plan Quote.
Mississippi Medicare Resources
Mississippi Enrollment Statistics
Mississippi’s population is nearing 3 million. The five most populated counties are:
Here are some Medicare facts involving Mississippi residents:
- About 15 percent of residents are age 65 or over.
- Roughly 21 percent of residents had Medicare in 2018.
- Of those who had Medicare coverage in 2018, more than 489,212 (81 percent) had Original Medicare insurance.