Medicare Supplement plans in Mississippi are intended to enhance the Medicare benefits extended to all beneficiaries through the federal Medicare program. You must remain enrolled in Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B to maintain eligibility for a Medigap plan. Enrolling in a Medicare Supplement plan eliminates many out-of-pocket costs with Original Medicare.
Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan options in Mississippi
Selecting a Medigap plan in Mississippi is a personal journey. The best plan for you may not work for someone else. Our Policy Guides can help you compare policy limits and rates for all plans, ensuring you make a smart decision.
Start your journey by looking at this quick list of benefits for the leading plans. Unfortunately, none of the plans include prescription drug coverage.
Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan G
- Plan G is the most comprehensive coverage for Medicare beneficiaries, with effective dates on or after January 1, 2020.
- Offers the same coverage as Medicare Plan F except for the Medicare Part B deductible. The Part A deductible is covered.
Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan N
- Plan N offers lower monthly premiums for beneficiaries willing to pay some out-of-pocket costs.
- Requires copayments of up to $20 for doctor visits and up to $50 for emergency room visits.
- Covers the deductible for Medicare Part A but not the excess charges or deductible for Part B.
Medicare Supplement High Deductible Plan G
- High Deductible Plan G has the Same Benefits as Medicare Plan G
- Annual Deductible of $2,700
- Significantly Cheaper than Medicare Plan G
- Considerably Cheaper than High Deductible Plan F yet Covers everything in high deductible F except for the Part B Deductible
Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan F
- Plan F is the most comprehensive plan available in Mississippi today.
- Eligibility is limited to beneficiaries with Medicare Part B effective dates prior to January 1, 2020.
- Includes Medicare Part A deductible and Medicare Part B deductible.
- Covers Part B coinsurance and excess payments, copayments, and foreign travel emergency coverage.
Top Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies in Mississippi
There are many private insurance companies authorized to sell Medigap policies in Mississippi.
We highly recommend the following three based on their financial stability and history of providing competitive pricing and excellent customer service.
How Much Does Medicare Supplement Insurance Cost in Mississippi?
Medicare Supplement Plans in Mississippi cost an average of $129.00 per month, but rates can vary depending on the Insurer.
|Plan type||Premium Range|
|Plan F||$180.00 – $300.00|
|Plan G||$117.00 – $220.00|
|Plan N||$90.00 – $200.00|
The cost of Medicare Supplement insurance plans varies by zip code. Beneficiaries must also pay for a separate Medicare Part D plan. Consider the following average Plan G rates for a female nonsmoker in 2023. Working with a licensed insurance agent or one of our Policy Guides will help you generate quotes based on your location.
Mississippi Medicare Resources
Ready to learn more?
My Medigap Plans is a rapidly growing resource for Medicare beneficiaries. We specialize in educating consumers on their options and guiding them through the plan selection process. We work closely with some of the nation’s top-rated carriers, such as Aetna, Cigna, and Mutual of Omaha. Compare our list of the 10 Best Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies or take a deeper look at the plans by reviewing our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart. Learn more about Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans, or request a Medicare Supplement Plan Quote.