Medicare Supplement Plan G is the best option in Iowa out of the ten plans offered.
We have found that Ace Property Insurance Company offers exceptional Medigap Plan G rates in Iowa for 2024. Their monthly premiums are affordable; they offer household discounts and fast underwriting.
For those seeking a good-value, low-cost option, we recommend considering Plan N from American Home Life Insurance Company.
Each Medigap policy offers the same set of basic benefits. From there, plan options vary. Here’s an overview of the top four plans in Iowa and what they cover.
Medicare Supplement Plan G: Best Comprehensive Coverage
- Medigap Plan G is cheaper than Medicare Plan F.
- It covers everything Plan F covers except for Medicare Part B deductible.
- There are approximately 100,000 individuals enrolled in Iowa.
Medicare Supplement Plan N: Best Copay Option
- Medigap Plan N offers lower premiums than Medicare Plan G in return for paying more out-of-pocket.
- Nearly 10,000 current state enrollees in Plan N.
- Has copayments: $20 office, $50 ER.
High-Deductible Medigap Plan G: Best For Lowest Cost
- Annual deductible.
- High Deductible Plan G Has the same coverage as a regular Plan G.
- Very low premiums in return for greater cost-share.
- Cheaper than High Deductible Plan F.
- In 2023, the deductible is $2,700. After the deductible is met, the plan will cover 100% of the costs.
Medicare Supplement Plan F: Best for Full Coverage
- Medigap Plan F covers everything: Part A deductible, Part A and B coinsurance, Part B deductible, hospice, skilled nursing care, foreign travel emergency, three pints of blood, and excess charges.
- Only open to Medicare beneficiaries who turned 65 before Jan. 1, 2020.
- There are currently more than 185,200 individuals enrolled in Plan F.
What’s the Most Popular Medicare Supplement Company in Iowa?
After analyzing various factors, we have determined that Ace Property Insurance Company is Iowa’s leading provider of Medicare Supplement plans.
While their plans are affordable, it is important to consider other factors when choosing a provider. Each company has its own strengths and weaknesses based on their coverage options.
This chart compares Ace and other Medicare Supplement companies in Iowa, including sample premiums and ratings to assist you in making an informed decision.
|Company||AM Best Rating||Plan G Rates||Plan A Rates||Plan D Rates||Plan F Rates|
|SBLI USA Life Insurance Company, Inc (Prosperity)||A-||$92.85||$91.92||n/a||$105.08|
|Ace Property and Casualty Insurance Company||A++||$94.33||$93.33||n/a||$110.33|
|American Home Life Insurance Company||B++||$94.89||$94.41||n/a||$113.89|
|Allstate Health Solutions||A+||$97.51||$93.47||n/a||$119.39|
|American Benefit Life Insurance Company||A-||$98.43||$97.93||n/a||$119.98|
|United States Fire Insurance Company||A||$106.33||$108.92||n/a||$128.08|
|Elips Life Insurance Company||A||$106.75||$105.67||n/a||$133.83|
|Capitol Life Insurance Company||A-||$111.26||$110.15||n/a||$138.19|
|Humana Insurance Company||A-||$111.45||$118.56||n/a||$126.64|
|Medico Life and Health Insurance Company (Preferred)||A||$116.31||$124.55||n/a||$140.13|
|Manhattan Life Assurance Company||B++||$116.42||$123.25||n/a||$142.75|
|Aetna Health Insurance Company||A||$117.95||$109.79||n/a||$129.36|
|Philadelphia American Life Insurance Company||A-||$120.72||$123.08||n/a||$157.54|
|Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company||A+||$122.88||$119.19||n/a||$144.13|
|Bankers Fidelity Assurance Company (Preferred)||A-||$124.79||$121.54||n/a||$144.65|
|Heartland National Life Insurance Company||NR||$125.34||$128.40||n/a||n/a|
|Union Security Insurance Company||B++||$126.58||$133.00||n/a||$156.82|
|Cigna Health & Life Insurance Company||A||$140.20||$125.39||n/a||$167.58|
|Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company||A-||$176.70||$187.38||n/a||$239.85|
|United American Insurance Company||A||$192.00||$110.00||$200.00||$236.00|
|Assured Life Association||NR||$194.02||$165.31||$193.27||$246.51|
When Can I Apply for a Medicare Supplement Plan in Iowa?
The effective date for applying for a Medicare Supplement plan in Iowa is the date that you meet two criteria:
- You’re age 65
- Enrolled in Part B Medicare
You have six months to enroll. You have specific rights during this six-month window, called your Medigap Open Enrollment Period. The insurer cannot:
- Refuse your application
- Deny coverage for pre-existing health conditions
- Impose waiting periods
We assist Medicare beneficiaries in navigating their insurance options and partner with highly-rated Medigap carriers to ensure optimal service.
Review our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart for a more detailed description of the specific plans.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The premiums for these plans range from $50 to $250 per month, depending on various factors such as age, gender, and tobacco usage.
Two of the leading providers in the state are Ace Property and Casualty Insurance Company and American Home Life Insurance Company.
The most popular Medicare Supplement plan is Plan G. It provides comprehensive coverage of the gaps in Original Medicare.
- Types of Medigap Plans
- How Much Do Medigap Plans Cost?
- When Can I Apply for a Medicare Supplement Plan?
- How Do I Enroll in a Medigap Plan?
- When Can I Change Medigap Plans?
- Can I Be Denied Medigap Coverage?
- CMS Medicare Services
- Iowa State Health Insurance Assistance Program
Average quotes are for sample purposes only. Actual premiums are based on several factors, including health conditions, age, location, tobacco status, gender, and insurance provider.