Medicare Supplement plans in Delaware are designed to enhance Original Medicare benefits. The federal Medicare program requires beneficiaries to pay some out-of-pocket costs, including deductibles, coinsurance, and copayments. Depending on the plan selected, Medicare Supplement plans in Delaware cover some or all of those expenses.
Medicare Supplement Plan options in Delaware:
Take a moment to compare the benefits offered for Medicare Supplement plan options in Delaware. Every beneficiary must decide between paying more out of pocket or a higher monthly premium.
Medicare Supplement Plan G
- Medicare Plan G has the same coverage as Medicare Plan F except for the Part B deductible. Part A deductible is covered.
- The most comprehensive plan available for beneficiaries with a Medicare start date on or after January 1, 2020.
Medicare Supplement Plan N
- Medicare Plan N doesn’t cover Part B excess charges or deductibles. Medicare Part A deductible is covered.
- Requires copayments of up to $20 for doctor visits and up to $50 for emergency room visits.
- Lower monthly premiums are balanced by greater out-of-pocket expenses.
High-Deductible Plan G
- High Deductible Plan G Includes all the same benefits of Plan G after the annual deductible is met.
- Significantly lower premiums with higher out-of-pocket requirements.
- In 2023, the deductible is $2,700. Once you satisfy this deductible, the plan will cover 100% of the costs.
Medicare Supplement Plan F
- Medicare Plan F covers Medicare Part A deductible and Medicare Part B deductible plus Part B coinsurance and excess charges.
- The most comprehensive plan available, including foreign travel emergency care coverage.
- Only available to Medicare beneficiaries with a Medicare Part B effective date prior to January 1, 2020.
Top Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies in Delaware
When selecting a Medigap insurer, look for a Medicare insurance company in excellent financial standing and well known for offering competitive pricing and excellent customer service. Many private health insurance companies are authorized to sell Medigap insurance, but we recommend the following companies for their excellent ratings and reliability.
How Much Do Medicare Supplement Insurance Cost in Delaware?
Delaware residents pay an average of $129 per month for Medigap Plans. However, costs can still change depending on the provider.
|Plan type||Premium Range|
|Plan F||$180.00 – $300.00|
|Plan G||$117.00 – $220.00|
|Plan N||$90.00 – $200.00|
Premiums for a Medigap plan in Delaware will vary between plan options and zip code. The following chart shows the cost of the most popular plans as of 2023 for a female nonsmoker living in zip code 19706 at the age of 65. Remember that you will also need to pay for a Part D prescription drug plan.
When Can I Apply for a Medicare Supplement Plan?
You can apply for a Medicare Supplement insurance plan in Delaware anytime. However, the most advantageous time is during your Medigap Open Enrollment Period, which lasts for six months starting the month you enroll in Medicare Part B and are at least 65 years old.
Your social security benefits include the following guaranteed issue rights during that period:
- Insurance companies are legally obligated to accept all beneficiaries during the enrollment period.
- Eligibility and rates are the same for all Medicare beneficiaries without medical underwriting. A chronic health condition or pre-existing conditions cannot lead to higher rates.
- Plans automatically renew each year as long as beneficiaries pay their premiums.
You will undergo medical underwriting when you apply outside of your open enrollment period. The insurance company can deny coverage or increase rates based on your medical history. Some beneficiaries qualify for a special enrollment period that does include the same guaranteed issue rights.
Delaware Medicare Resources
- Delaware Medicare Assistance Bureau
- CMS: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Ready to learn more?
My Medigap Plans is a rapidly growing resource for Medicare beneficiaries. We specialize in educating consumers on their options and guiding them through the plan selection process. We work closely with some of the nation’s top-rated carriers, such as Aetna, Cigna, and Mutual of Omaha. Compare our list of the 10 Best Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies or take a deeper look at the plans by reviewing our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart. Learn more about Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans, or request a Medicare Supplement Plan Quote.