Medicare Supplement Plan G in Mississippi is a top-tier option for any Medicare beneficiary looking for help paying medical expenses. Out of pocket costs such as copayments, coinsurance, and durable medical equipment can add up quickly. A private health insurance plan such as Medicare Supplement Plan G can go a long way toward protecting your financial security.
Seniors enrolled in the Federal Medicare Program choose how to receive their Medicare benefits:
- Original Medicare (Medicare Part A and Part B)
- Medicare Advantage Plan
If you choose Original Medicare, you’re eligible for Medicare Supplement insurance. Eligibility for Medicare Supplement Plan G in Mississippi starts when:
- You’re age 65
- You’ve enrolled in Medicare Part B
To keep Medicare Supplement insurance plans in force, you must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium.
What is Medicare Supplement plan G in Mississippi?
Medicare Plan G is also known as Medigap Plan G because it bridges the gap between what Original Medicare pays and what you’re responsible for. Here’s what you need to know about Medicare Part G:
- It’s the fastest-growing Medicare Supplement plan.
- Of the 10 standardized Medicare Supplement policies (A, B, C, D, F, G, K, L, M, N), Medicare Plan G offers the most benefits to those new to Medicare after Jan. 1, 2020.
- Except for the Medicare Part B deductible, Medigap Plan G fills in all of the coverage gaps to Original Medicare.
More than 608,000 Mississippians are enrolled in Medicare. Here’s a look at the numbers:
- Original Medicare: 472,420
- Medicare Advantage: 136,386
- Medigap coverage: More than 162,232
- Medicare Supplement Plan G: More than 41,479 (26%)
What Does Medicare Supplement Plan G Cover?
Original Medicare pays for a lot when it comes to your healthcare. On top of the Medicare-approved amounts that are covered by the Federal Medicare program in the United States, you can enjoy having these additional Medicare benefits covered if you sign up for Medicare Supplement Plan G in Mississippi.
But here’s what Medigap Plan G will cover:
· Initial pints of blood
· Medicare Part A deductible
· Medicare Part A hospital costs
· Part A expenses
· Part A hospice care coinsurance
· Skilled nursing facility care
Medicare Supplement Insurance plan G benefits also pay these Medicare Part B costs:
· Charges over the amount Medicare allows – “Part B Excess Charges”
· Durable medical equipment
· Foreign travel emergency care (lifetime plan limits apply)
· Medicare Part B coinsurance and copays
Be advised that the Part B deductible will not be covered by Medigap Plan G in Mississippi.
What is the Plan G Deductible in 2021?
Plan G does not have a deductible. You do have to pay your Medicare Part B deductible. In 2021, the Part B deductible amount is $203.
What is the Monthly Premium for Medicare Supplement Plan G in Mississippi?
Monthly Medicare Plan G rates differ based on demographics such as location, tobacco use, and age. Here’s what a nonsmoking 65-year-old female might pay for Medicare Supplement insurance Plan G in Mississippi:
- Biloxi 39532: $115.79 (range $107.20-$125.96)
- Jacksonville 39201: $108.90 (range $98.54-$125.96)
- Abbeville 38601: $110.20 (range $98.54-$125.96)
In addition to demographics, the pricing method Medicare Supplement insurance companies use affects Medicare Supplement Plan G rates. Pricing can be done three ways:
- Community-Rated: Everyone pays the same rate regardless of age.
- Issue Age: Your age when you buy the Medicare Supplement insurance plan determines monthly premiums.
- Attained Age: Monthly premiums will automatically increase as you age.
Our insurance agents can help you compare plan options and take the guesswork out of Medicare Supplement plan quotes.
When can I enroll in Medicare Supplement Plan G?
The best time to enroll in Medicare Plan G is during your Open Enrollment Period. During your OEP, you have guaranteed rights and insurance companies can’t do certain things:
- Deny coverage
- Require underwriting
- Charge more based on health conditions
About your OEP:
- Starts when you’re 65 and enrolled in Medicare Part B
- Lasts for six months
Unlike Medicare Advantage and Part D plans, Medicare Plan G does not have an annual enrollment period. If you enroll outside of your OEP, the insurance company can impose restrictions, charge you more, or deny your application.
There are a few other situations when you have guaranteed rights:
- You move out of the plan’s service area
- The insurer discontinues the plan
- You lose group health coverage through an employer
What Is the Difference Between Plan G and Plan G With a High Deductible?
Medigap Plan G and high deductible Plan G offer the same level of coverage. High Deductible Medicare Supplement insurance Plan G in Mississippi has an annual deductible you must pay before coverage kicks in.
What is the Best Medicare Supplement Plan G in Mississippi?
Plan G is standardized, which means Plan G is the same no matter which company offers it. The only difference is the price. Here’s what to consider when shopping:
- Customer service: Know who you’re calling when you need help.
- Size matters: Choose a company with long-term stability.
- Financial Strength: Does the insurance company have the assets and ability to pay your claim?
Our Company Recommendations
Our insurance agency offers Medicare Supplement Plan G in Mississippi from virtually any company. Based on the above criteria, we prefer the following three:
- Aetna (A rating)
- Mutual of Omaha (A+ rating)
- Cigna (A rating)
Which is better, Plan F or Plan G?
How are Plan F and Plan G different?
Plan F pays the Part B deductible. Medicare Part G does not.
Is Plan G Cheaper than Plan F?
Medicare Plan G rates are cheaper than Plan F but still provide a high level of coverage, including up to 50,000 in foreign travel emergency benefits (lifetime).
Which should I Choose?
If you’re eligible for Medicare before Jan. 1, 2020, you can choose either plan:
- Plan F covers the Part B deductible. Medicare Supplement insurance Plan G in Mississippi does not.
- The premium savings with Medigap Plan G typically outweighs the cost of the Part B deductible. It’s worth doing the math.
- For those new to Medicare after Jan. 1, 2020, Plan G has the highest level of benefits available from a Medicare Supplement Plan.
Our insurance agents can provide a comparison between the two plans based on your needs
What is the Most Popular Medicare Supplement Plan in Mississippi for 2021?
Medicare Supplement Plan G is by far the most popular plan being purchased for those new to Medicare. Here are five reasons why:
- Offers the best coverage
- Great value when comparing benefits vs plan cost
- No network limitation: access to any doctor nationwide who accepts Medicare. Medicare Supplement insurance Plan G in Mississippi also pays the Medicare Part B excess charges if the doctor does not accept Medicare assignment.
- Most predictable: it fills in all gaps left from Original Medicare except for the annual Medicare Part B deductible
- Guaranteed acceptance coverage: Like all Medicare Supplement plans, if you enroll during your Open Enrollment Period when first eligible for Medicare, there are no health questions required, no underwriting, and your acceptance is guaranteed.
Frequently Asked Questions about Medigap Plan G
Full Medicare Supplement Plan G Benefits Chart
Does Plan G cover Prescription Drugs?
No. To get prescription drug coverage, you must buy a Medicare Part D drug plan.
Does Plan G cover Medicare Part B Deductible?
No. After Jan. 1, 2020, no Medicare Supplement plan pays the Part B deductible.
Does Plan G cover Part B Excess Charges?
Plan G coverage includes excess charges. Doctors who don’t accept Medicare assignment for medical services can charge up to 15% more than Medicare’s approved amount. This difference is called an excess charge.
Does Plan G cover Medicare Part A Deductible?
Medicare Supplement Plan G covers the Part A deductible and Part A coinsurance.
Is Plan G worth it?
For seniors who have health conditions or frequent doctor visits, Plan G offers great benefits at a reasonable cost.
What is the difference between Plan G and Plan N in Mississippi?
Both Plan G and Plan N cover the following:
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part A coinsurance
- 3 pints blood
- Skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- Foreign travel emergency up to plan limits
- Neither plan covers Part B deductible
There are two differences between Plan G and Plan N:
- Plan G pays 100% of Medicare Part B coinsurance. Plan N has office visit and ER copays, and then pays the remaining coinsurance.
- Plan G pays excess charges. Plan N does not.
Does Plan G cover Dental?
Plan G does not cover routine dental services.
What is Medicare Part G?
There is no such thing as Medicare Part G However Medigap Plan G is a private insurance plan the helps you pay for out of pocket expenses related to health care services.
Does Plan G cover Silver Sneakers?
Some Mississippi insurance carriers offer Silver Sneakers with Medicare Plan G. Our agents can help you find out which ones offer the program.
Ready to learn more?
My Medigap Plans is a rapidly growing resource for Medicare beneficiaries. We specialize in educating consumers on their options and guiding them through the process of plan selection. We work closely with some of the nations top rated carriers such as Aetna, Cigna and Mutual of Omaha. Compare our list of the 10 Best Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies or take a deeper look at the plans by reviewing our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart. Learn more or about Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans, or request a Medicare Supplement Plan Quote.