If you’re a Medicare beneficiary looking for help with medical expenses, Medicare Supplement Plan G in Louisiana is a good solution. Your Medicare benefits don’t cover everything, and you’re left with out of pocket costs such as copayments and Medicare Part A coinsurance. Medicare Supplement Plan G in Louisiana covers these expenses and offers you protection and peace of mind from the high cost of health care.
What is Medicare Supplement plan G in Louisiana?
Medicare Supplement insurance Plan G in Louisiana is one of 10 standardized supplement plans offered under the Federal Medicare program.
Here are a few highlights:
- Medicare Plan G coverage is the most comprehensive available to those joining Medicare after Jan. 1, 2020.
- It’s quickly rising to the top among seniors looking for a supplemental insurance plan.
- Medicare Plan G includes foreign travel, durable medical equipment, and Medicare Part A and Part B coinsurance.
- 1 million+ Louisianans receive Medicare benefits
- 62% have Original Medicare (Medicare Part A and Part B)
- 38% have a Medicare Advantage Plan
- 154,054 are enrolled in Medigap plans
- 35,805 have Medicare Plan G
What Does Medicare Supplement Plan G Cover?
Original Medicare pays for a lot when it comes to your healthcare. On top of the Medicare-approved amounts that are covered by the Federal Medicare program in the United States, you can enjoy having these additional Medicare benefits covered if you sign up for Medicare Supplement Plan G in Louisiana.
Medigap Plan G in LA will cover:
· Initial pints of blood
· Medicare Part A deductible
· Medicare Part A hospital costs
· Part A expenses
· Part A hospice care coinsurance
· Skilled nursing facility care
Plan G benefits also pay these Medicare Part B costs:
· Charges over the amount Medicare allows – “Part B Excess Charges”
· Durable medical equipment
· Foreign travel emergency care (lifetime plan limits apply)
· Medicare Part B coinsurance and copays
Be advised that the Part B deductible will not be covered by Medigap Plan G in Louisiana.
What is the Plan G Deductible in 2021?
Medicare Plan G doesn’t have a deductible. You do have to pay a Medicare Part B deductible. In 2021, the Part B deductible amount is $203.
What is the Monthly Premium for Medicare Supplement Plan G in Louisiana?
Medicare Plan G rates differ between insurers depending on how the carrier accounts for age.
There are three pricing methods:
- Attained Age: Premiums are based on your current age.
- Issue Age: Premiums are based on your age when you enroll in Medigap Plan G.
- Community: Age doesn’t matter. Everyone joining Medicare Plan G pays the same.
In addition to pricing method, location, gender, and tobacco use play a role.
Here are sample numbers for a 65-year-old female, nonsmoker, in two zip codes:
- Alexandria/71301: $121 (average) $101.87-$168.23 (range)
- New Orleans/70113: $140 (average) $120.62-$$151.80 (range)
We can provide specific Medicare Supplement plan quotes based on your personal demographics.
When can I enroll in Medicare Supplement Plan G?
Your Open Enrollment Period is the best time to enroll because you have guaranteed-issue rights.
Under guaranteed issue, you:
- Don’t have to answer health questions
- Are guaranteed coverage for pre-existing conditions
- Can’t be charged more because of your health history
Open enrollment starts when you’re at least 65 and you’re enrolled in Medicare Part B.
You’re eligible for guaranteed issue in a few other situations outside of open enrollment:
- When you leave group health coverage
- When you (or your plan) leave the service area
- If you lose your Medigap policy through no fault of your own
Circumstances with Medicare Advantage and Medicare Select can also trigger guaranteed issue. Our insurance agency can determine if you fit one of these special situations.
If you miss the open enrollment window and don’t qualify for special enrollment, an insurance carrier can require underwriting before issuing you a policy.
The carrier also is allowed to deny your application entirely.
What Is the Difference Between Plan G and Plan G With a High Deductible?
As the name indicates, you have an annual deductible with the High deductible Plan G which is $2,370. Otherwise, the benefits are the same between the two plans.
What is the Best Medicare Supplement Plan G in Louisiana?
Many Medicare Supplement insurance companies offer Medigap Plan G. Plan benefits are the same from each company, but the price varies between insurers.
Here’s how to find a good insurance company:
- Look for one that delivers outstanding customer service.
- Choose one that has years of experience with Medicare Supplement insurance plans.
- Check the company’s assets — does it have the ability to pay your claim?
Our Company Recommendations:
We can offer Medicare Plan G policies from many insurance companies.
We favor the following three because of their high standards and excellent ratings:
- Aetna (A rating)
- Mutual of Omaha (A+ rating)
- Cigna (A rating)
Which is better, Plan F or Plan G?
How are Plan F and Plan G different?
Medicare Plan G coverage includes everything in Plan F except the Part B deductible. The only other difference is that Medicare Supplement insurance Plan G in Louisiana has lower premiums than Plan F.
Is Plan G Cheaper than Plan F in Louisiana?
Medicare Supplement Plan G rates are cheaper than Plan F.
Here’s a comparison for a 65-year-old female, nonsmoker, in Alexandria:
- Plan G: $121 (average) $101.87-$168.23 (range)
- Plan F: $174 (average) $124-$282.65 (range)
Which should I Choose?
Because Plan F and Medicare Supplement Plan G are nearly identical in coverage, other factors come into play when choosing which Medicare Supplement insurance plan is best for you:
- Eligibility: If you’re new to Medicare after Dec. 31, 2019, you’re not eligible for Plan F. If you’re eligible for Medicare before then, you can choose either plan.
- Premiums: Plan G has lower premiums than Plan F.
- Cost Comparison: There’s a significant difference in rates between the two plans. If you’re eligible for either plan, it’s worth it to compare prices.
- Frequently the premium savings with Medicare Plan G exceed the cost of paying the Part B deductible.
What is the Most Popular Medicare Supplement Plan in Louisiana for 2021?
Medicare Supplement insurance Plan G in Louisiana is quickly rising to the top when it comes to supplemental health insurance. Here’s why:
- Coverage: Highest level for those joining Medicare after Dec. 31, 2019
- Value: Terrific when you compare benefits received to cost of the policy
- Health care freedom: No network limitations because Plan G covers excess charges
- No gaps: Covers all of the out of pocket expenses left by Original Medicare except for the Part B deductible
- Travel reassurance: Offers up to 50 000 in foreign travel emergency benefits (up to lifetime plan limits)
- Guarantees: Guaranteed coverage if you enroll during the Open Enrollment Period, guaranteed renewable as long as you pay your Medicare Part B premium
Frequently Asked Questions about Medigap Plan G
Full Medicare Supplement Plan G Benefits Chart
Does Plan G Cover Prescription Drugs?
Prescription drug coverage is not a covered service under Medicare Supplement insurance Plan G in Louisiana. For prescription coverage, you’ll need to buy a separate Medicare Part D drug plan.
Does Plan G Cover Medicare Part B Deductible?
Medicare Supplement Plan G in Louisiana does not cover the Part B deductible.
Does Plan G cover Medicare Part B Excess Charges?
An excess charge is when a provider charges more than Medicare’s approved amount for medical services. Medigap Plan G pays for any Medicare Part B excess charges you might incur.
Does Plan G cover the Medicare Part A Deductible?
Medicare Supplement Plan G covers the Medicare Part A deductible.
Is Plan G worth it?
Medicare Supplement Plan G in Louisiana is worth it for seniors who want the top tier in a Medicare Supplement insurance plan.
What is the difference between Plan G and N in Louisiana?
Medicare Supplement insurance Plan G in Louisiana provides more coverage than Plan N in two areas:
- Medicare Part B coinsurance: Medigap Plan G pays 100% of the Part B coinsurance. Plan N requires copays for office and emergency room visits before it picks up the coinsurance.
- Excess charges: Medicare Plan G pays excess charges. Plan N does not.
Does Plan G cover dental?
Plan G coverage does not include routine dental services.
What is Medicare Part G?
Of the 10 standardized plan options, Medigap Plan G offers the most coverage if you’re joining Original Medicare after Dec. 31, 2019.
Does Plan G cover Silver Sneakers?
Silver Sneakers is not a benefit with Medicare Plan G. But that can change, so if this is something you’re interested in, talk with one of our insurance agents.
Ready to Learn More?
My Medigap Plans is a rapidly growing resource for Medicare beneficiaries. We specialize in educating consumers on their options and guiding them through the process of plan selection. We work closely with some of the nations top rated carriers such as Aetna, Cigna and Mutual of Omaha. Compare our list of the 10 Best Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies or take a deeper look at the plans by reviewing our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart. Learn more or about Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans, or request a Medicare Supplement Plan Quote.