Medicare Supplement Plan G in Idaho is a plan that supplements the benefits a Medicare beneficiary receives under the traditional federal Medicare program.
Original Medicare covers the basics:
- Hospital expenses (Medicare Part A)
- Non-hospital-related medical services and medical equipment (Medicare Part B)
However, Medicare Part A and Part B benefits leave gaps in coverage. Medicare Supplement Plan G in Idaho is designed to address those gaps. When you compare the 10 standardized Medigap policies (A through D, F, G, and K through N), Plan G stands out as the most robust health insurance offering for people eligible for Medicare on or after January 1, 2020.
Here are the enrollment figures:
- Total Idaho enrollment in Medicare Supplement Insurance plans: 87,738
- Population in Idaho with Plan G coverage: 25,616 (29%)
What Does Medicare Supplement Plan G Cover?
Original Medicare pays for a lot when it comes to your healthcare. On top of the Medicare-approved amounts that are covered by the Federal Medicare program in the United States, you can enjoy having these additional Medicare benefits covered if you sign up for Medicare Supplement Plan G in Idaho.
Plan G will cover:
· Initial pints of blood
· Medicare Part A deductible
· Medicare Part A hospital costs
· Part A expenses
· Part A hospice care coinsurance
· Skilled nursing facility care
Medicare Part B costs:
· Charges over the amount Medicare allows – “Part B Excess Charges”
· Durable medical equipment
· Foreign travel emergency care (lifetime plan limits apply)
· Medicare Part B coinsurance and copays
Be advised that the Part B deductible will not be covered by Medigap Plan G in Idaho.
What is the Plan G Deductible in 2021?
There is no deductible associated with Medigap Plan G. If you choose the high deductible option, your deductible in 2021 is $2,370.
What is the Monthly Premium for Medicare Supplement Plan G in Idaho?
The Medigap Plan G monthly premium takes into account how old you are, where you live, whether or not you smoke and your gender. If you are 65 years old, female, do not smoke and live in Boise, zip code 83631.
From those options, you will find:
- A premium range of $121.31 to $206.33
- An average monthly premium of $157.49
Insurers determine the Medicare Plan G rates they will charge by using one of the following rating methods:
- Community-Rated: Using this method, insurance companies do not take age into consideration.
- Issue-Age-Rated: The determining factor for your premium level is your age at the time the policy is issued to you.
- Attained-Age-Rated: Premiums are directly linked to age, not only at the time you purchase the policy but as you age with the policy. You can expect your rates to rise as you get older.
When can I enroll in Medicare Supplement Plan G?
Medicare Supplement Insurance has its own open enrollment window, known as the Medigap Open Enrollment Period. This is separate from the enrollment periods when you can make changes to a Medicare Advantage Plan and drug plan (Medicare Part D).
Medigap Open Enrollment:
- Begins the month you turn 65
- Continues for a six-month duration
- Gives you access to any Medigap plan sold in Idaho
- Bypasses underwriting so you cannot be charged more based on current or past health problems
- Requires that you have Medicare Part B before you apply
What Is the Difference Between Plan G and Plan G With a High Deductible?
If you are in general good health and do not expect a lot of medical expenses for doctor visits and medical procedures, you may opt for a high deductible plan.
The premium is lower than the regular Plan G because the plan does not pay benefits until your covered out of pocket costs reach the level of the annual deductible.
Out of pocket expenses that count toward the high deductible amount:
- Part A deductible
What does not count toward the high deductible amount:
- Medicare Part A premium, if applicable
- Medicare Part B premium
- Costs not covered under Medicare benefits
What is the Best Medicare Supplement Plan G in Idaho?
Plan G is standardized. A Plan G policy presented from one insurance company will be the same one available from another company. The difference will be in the price.
Aside from price, here are important company features to pay close attention to:
- Customer service
- Long-term dependability
- Financially sound
Based on these maxims, we recommend the following insurers, which are highly rated on all three counts.
- Mutual of Omaha – best for easy application
- Aetna – best in pricing
- Cigna – best detailed plan descriptions
Which is better, Plan F or Plan G?
How are Plan F and Plan G Different?
In comparison to Plan F, Medigap Plan G:
- Does not cover the Part B deductible
- Is offered at a lower premium
- Is not restricted to beneficiaries with a Medicare eligibility effective date prior to January 1, 2020
Is Plan G Cheaper than Plan F in Idaho?
Medicare Supplement Plan G rates are lower than Plan F rates.
Which should I choose?
Choose the insurance plan that aligns with your personal needs and financial means. Remember that if you became a new Medicare beneficiary on or after January 1, 2020, Plan F is not one of the plan options you can choose.
What Is the Most Popular Medicare Supplement Plan in Idaho for 2021?
Medicare Supplement Plan G covers every Medigap benefit that Medicare Supplement insurance companies are allowed to offer new beneficiaries. Below are five other reasons why Plan G is the most popular insurance plan.
Plan G provides:
- Tremendous value when you take a side-by-side look at costs versus benefits
- No network limitation on doctors – access to any doctor in the country who accepts Medicare
- Part B excess charges if you use a doctor who does not accept Medicare assignment and bills you above the Medicare approved amount
- No guesswork – fills all traditional Medicare gaps with the exception of the Part B deductible
- Guaranteed application approval during the Medigap open enrollment period – no health questions asked
Frequently Asked Questions about Medigap Plan G
Full Medicare Supplement Plan G Benefits Chart
Does Medicare Plan G cover prescription drugs?
Prescription drug coverage is outside the scope of Medigap plans.
Does Plan G cover the Medicare Part B Deductible?
Coverage of the Part B deductible is not included in any Medigap plan sold to new Medicare members.
Does Plan G cover Medicare Part B Excess Charges?
With Plan G, Medicare Part B excess charges are covered for Medicare-covered expenses.
Does Medicare Plan G cover the Medicare Part A deductible?
Medicare Part A deductible is a covered benefit.
Is Plan G worth it?
Our insurance agents can guide you through a comparison and deliver quick Medicare Supplement plan quotes. This information should help you decide if Plan G in your service area is worth the cost.
What is the difference between Plan G and N in Idaho?
Plan N is available for a lower premium than Plan G. In exchange for this savings, you will have to give up coverage of:
- Part B excess charges
- Plan N requires a copay for office visits and ER vists, where Plan G does not
However, you will still get many of the same benefits that Plan G covers, including:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance
- Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B coinsurance
- Foreign travel up to plan limits – up to 50 000 in foreign travel emergency benefits
- First three pints of blood
Does Plan G cover dental?
Dental is not a standard benefit of Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan G in Idaho.
What is Medicare Part G?
Medicare “Part G” is really Medicare Plan G. It is a common misnomer. The only parts in Medicare are A, B, C and D.
Does Plan G cover Silver Sneakers?
Silver Sneakers, a fitness program, is not a standard benefit of Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan G in Idaho.
Ready to Learn More?
My Medigap Plans is a rapidly growing resource for Medicare beneficiaries. We specialize in educating consumers on their options and guiding them through the process of plan selection. We work closely with some of the nations top rated carriers such as Aetna, Cigna and Mutual of Omaha. Compare our list of the 10 Best Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies or take a deeper look at the plans by reviewing our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart. Learn more or about Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans, or request a Medicare Supplement Plan Quote.