Medicare Supplement Plan G in Arkansas is quickly emerging as the most popular of the 10 standardized Medicare Supplement policies (A, B, C, D, F, G, K, L, M and N). If you are a Medicare beneficiary, newly eligible on or after January 1, 2020, Plan G is your best option. In terms of the highest level of benefits available, there is no comparison.
With the exception of coverage for the Medicare Part B deductible ($203 in 2021), Medicare Supplement Plan G in Arkansas covers all out of pocket costs incurred with Original Medicare.
Of the 184,968 Medicare Supplement plan members in Arkansas, 16,584 are enrolled in Medicare Plan G.
What Does Medicare Supplement Plan G Cover?
Original Medicare pays for a lot when it comes to your healthcare. On top of the Medicare-approved amounts that are covered by the Federal Medicare program in the United States, you can enjoy having these additional Medicare benefits covered if you sign up for Medicare Supplement Plan G in Arkansas.
But here’s what Medigap Plan G will cover:
· Initial pints of blood
· Medicare Part A deductible
· Medicare Part A hospital costs
· Part A expenses
· Part A hospice care coinsurance
· Skilled nursing facility care
Medicare Supplement Insurance plan G benefits also pay these Medicare Part B costs:
· Charges over the amount Medicare allows – “Part B Excess Charges”
· Durable medical equipment
· Foreign travel emergency care (lifetime plan limits apply)
· Medicare Part B coinsurance and copays
Be advised that the Part B deductible will not be covered by Medigap Plan G in Arkansas.
What is the Plan G Deductible in 2021?
There is no deductible for Plan G. However, you are responsible for the Part B deductible. If you are enrolled in Medicare Part D, note that some drug plans require a deductible as well.
What is the Monthly Premium for Medicare Supplement Plan G in Arkansas?
- Age: 65
- Gender: female
- Smoker: no
- Location: Little Rock, zip code 72215
Associated Medicare Supplement Plan G rates:
|Premium Range||Medicare Plan G Rates Average|
|$144.00 – $267.59||$176.17|
Pricing models employed by insurance companies:
- Community-rated: Rates are the same throughout the community irrespective of age.
- Issue age: The rate is based on the age at the time you purchase the policy and does not increase as you age.
- Attained age: The initial premium is tied to your current age, and the premium increases as you age.
Our licensed insurance agents can quickly provide you with Medicare Supplement plan quotes for all plan options
When can I enroll in Medicare Supplement Plan G?
The annual election periods for a Medicare Advantage plan and Medicare Part D do not apply to Medicare Plan G.
It’s best to enroll in a Medicare Supplement Insurance plan during the Medigap Open Enrollment Period, the six-month period that begins at age 65. Enrollment in Medicare Part A and Part B is mandatory, so be sure your Medicare Part B premiums are paid before you apply.
During the Medigap Open Enrollment Period, Medicare Supplement insurance companies allow you to:
- Select any Medicare Supplement Insurance plan available in Arkansas.
- Skip the medical underwriting process.
- Pay the same premium as someone with no health conditions.
If you have guaranteed issue rights, you can enroll outside the Medigap Open Enrollment Period and be guaranteed that:
- A Medigap policy will be issued to you.
- The policy will not exclude medical services and durable medical equipment for pre-existing health conditions.
- Past or current health issues will not impact your premium.
Examples of when guaranteed issue rights may apply
- You are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan that is no longer participating in the Medicare benefits program, ends coverage in your service area or is no longer available to you because you relocate.
- You are an Original Medicare recipient who is also insured under a group health plan that has ended.
- You are within your trial year of Medicare Advantage and now want to return to a Medigap policy
What Is the Difference Between Plan G and Plan G With a High Deductible?
The high deductible Medigap Plan G carries the same features as the traditional Medigap Plan G with one distinction. With the high deductible plan, you must satisfy the deductible amount before the plan pays benefits. Copayments and coinsurance payments count toward your deductible.
Medicare Supplement Plan G covers (both traditional and high deductible):
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and deductible
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment
- First three pints of blood
What is the Best Medicare Supplement Plan G in Arkansas?
Because the Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan G in Arkansas is standardized, you get the same Plan G coverage regardless of which insurer sells the insurance plan. The only difference is the price.
Criteria to consider
- Customer service: Know who you’re calling when you need help.
- Size matters: Choose a health insurance company with long-term stability.
- Financial strength: Buy from an insurer with the assets and ability to pay your covered medical expenses.
Our company recommendations
Our insurance agency works with a wide range of insurance companies. Following are our preferred health insurance carriers based on the above criteria. A.M. Best financial strength ratings are included:
- Aetna Life Insurance Company (Arkansas): A
- Mutual of Omaha: A+
- Cigna: A
Which is better, Plan F or Plan G?
How are Medicare Plan F and Medicare Plan G different?
- Plan F is not an option if you became eligible for Medicare on or after January 1, 2020.
- Plan F covers the deductible for Medicare Part B, and Plan G does not.
- The premium for Plan G is lower.
Is Plan G cheaper than Plan F?
When you enroll in Medigap Plan G, you trade off the Part B deductible for a lower monthly premium.
Which should I choose?
If you were newly eligible for Medicare prior to January 1, 2020, you can choose between Plan F and Medigap Plan G. Since the Part B deductible is nominal, you may find the monthly premium savings you get with Plan G outweighs the cost of the deductible.
If you were new to Medicare on or after January 1, 2020, you will not have access to Plan F. However, Medicare Supplement Plan G in Arkansas will provide you with the highest benefit protection of all Medicare Supplement plans available to you.
What is the Most Popular Medicare Supplement Plan in Arkansas for 2021?
Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan G in Arkansas is unquestionably the most popular plan being purchased by new Medicare beneficiaries.
With Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan G in Arkansas, you get:
- The best level of coverage available for new Medicare recipients
- A great value from a cost/benefit perspective
- Nationwide access, with no network restrictions, to doctors who work with the Federal Medicare program
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Coverage of all your out of pocket expenses except for the Part B deductible
Frequently Asked Questions about Medigap Plan G
Does Plan G cover prescription drugs?
Prescription drug coverage is outside plan limits.
Does Plan G cover the Medicare Part B Deductible?
No, the Part B deductible is not covered.
Does Plan G cover Medicare Part B Excess Charges?
Yes, Plan G covers 100% of the Part B excess charges.
Does Plan G cover the Medicare Part A Deductible?
Yes, Plan G covers 100% of the Part A deductible.
Is Plan G worth it?
When you compare Plan G to other Medicare Supplement plans, you will find that it offers a great value. In addition to covering out of pocket expenses, Medicare Plan G covers some benefits not addressed by Original Medicare:
- Part B excess charges applicable to providers who do not accept Medicare’s approved amount
- Health care emergency services you receive abroad
Foreign travel under Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan G in Arkansas:
- $250 deductible
- 20% coinsurance
- Eligibility for up to $50,000 in foreign travel emergency benefits
What is the difference between Plan G and N in Arkansas?
Plan N offers the same coverage as Medicare Supplement Plan G in Arkansas except for:
- Part B copays
- Part B excess charges
With these reduced benefits, you can take advantage of Plan N’s lower premiums.
Does Plan G cover dental?
Medicare Supplement Plan G in Arkansas does not typically cover dental but may offer discounts.
What is Medicare Part G?
Medicare Part G does not exist, however Medigap Plan G is one of 10 Medicare Supplement plans that fill in the gaps in Original Medicare.
Does Plan G cover Silver Sneakers?
Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan G in Arkansas does not cover Silver Sneakers.
Ready to Learn More?
My Medigap Plans is a rapidly growing resource for Medicare beneficiaries. We specialize in educating consumers on their options and guiding them through the process of plan selection. We work closely with some of the nations top rated carriers such as Aetna, Cigna and Mutual of Omaha. Compare our list of the 10 Best Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies or take a deeper look at the plans by reviewing our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart. Learn more or about Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans, or request a Medicare Supplement Plan Quote.