Medicare Supplement Plan D is one of ten lettered Medicare Supplement insurance options you can choose when purchasing Supplemental health insurance. Medicare Supplement Plan D deserves some consideration if you’re looking for an option with middle-of-the-road monthly premiums and benefits.
When you compare plans, it’s essential to look at the costs, coverage, and benefits.
What Is Covered by Medicare Supplement Plan D?
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance and copayments
- Medicare Part A coinsurance for hospital costs
- Medicare Part A copayments for hospital costs
- Medicare Part B coinsurance
- Medicare Part B copayment
- First 3 pints of blood when needed for a medical procedure
- Skilled nursing facility care (SNF) coinsurance
- Foreign travel emergency care (80 percent of approved costs, up to your plan limits)
What Is Not Covered by Medicare Supplement Plan D?
These are some of the benefits that aren’t covered by your Medicare benefits or Medigap Plan D health insurance:
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Medicare Part B premium
- Prescription drug plan
How Much Does Medicare Supplement Plan D Cost?
Here are some price ranges for a 65-year-old non-tobacco female living in Pennsylvania:
- Plan D price ranges: $219.65 – $328.87
What Companies Offer Medicare Supplement Plan D?
In our opinion, the best-rated Medicare Supplement companies offering Medigap Plan D are listed here. ve reached this conclusion after helping many beneficiaries who wanted to compare plans, monthly premiums, and providers. Other good companies offer Medigap plans like Medicare Supplement Plan D, but these are our three favorites:
We think that these are the best Medicare Supplement insurance companies when compared to your other insurance company options for these reasons:
- Top financial strength and ratings
- Long history in the health industry
- Great tools and ease of access at all points of the process
- Great customer service
- Competitive rates and stability over time
- Customer satisfaction
Does Medigap Plan D Cover Prescription Drugs?
No Medigap Plan covers medications. You can purchase your Medicare Part D plan from a private insurance company and use it with your Medicare Supplement plan and Original Medicare.
When Can I Enroll in Medicare Supplement Plan D?
The best time to enroll is during your Medigap Open Enrollment Period (OEP). It begins the first day of the month in which you are both 65 years of age or older and enrolled in Medicare Part B. During this six-month period, you can purchase any standard Medigap plan without having to answer health questions or provide medical records. This also prevents insurance companies from increasing your premium for pre-existing health conditions.
We specialize in guiding Medicare beneficiaries through their Medicare insurance options. We work with some of the nation’s top-rated Medigap carriers to ensure you’re getting the best possible service. Review our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart and look deeper at the plans. Additionally, you can call us today to learn more or request a quote online.
- Compare Medigap Plans
- How Much Do Medigap Plans Cost?
- Aetna Medicare Supplement Plans
- Cigna Medicare Supplement Plans
- Florida Blue Medicare Supplement Plans
- Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plans
- Medigap and Medicare Part D
- When Can I Apply for a Medicare Supplement Plan?
- How Do I Enroll in a Medigap Plan?
- CMS Medicare Services