Anybody who is enrolled in Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B is eligible to compare the best Medicare Supplement insurance plans in Maine. Maine Medigap policies can help seniors control their medical costs by paying for some or all of Original Medicare insurance’s deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance expenses. Plans with broader benefits will charge relatively higher rates and do a better job of reducing or eliminating out-of-pocket costs.
Medicare Supplement Plan options in Maine:
To help you hone in on the top five Medigap plans in Maine, below are the main features of each. Every Medigap plan in Maine covers 100% of the Medicare Part A deductible and all or part of the Part B coinsurance.
Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan F
- Part B and Part A deductible
- All copayments and coinsurance
- Part B excess charges
- Foreign travel emergency up to plan limits
This plan is only available if your original Medicare eligibility date was no later than December 31, 2019, and you have not yet enrolled.
Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan G
- Medigap Plan G is a comprehensive plan at a good value – a lower monthly premium than F
- Includes same benefits as F except for the Part B deductible
- Available to beneficiaries available before and after 2020
Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan N
- Medicare Plan N has the same benefits as G except for copayments and excess charges
- Your copayments: up to $20 for office visits and up to $50 for ER
- Savings on premiums
Top rated Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies in Maine
Between 10 and 15 private insurance companies sell Medicare Supplement plans in Maine. Consumers Advocate rates insurers on coverage, services, financial strength, reputation, and customer experience to create an overall rating.
On a scale of one to five, with five being excellent, the following are a few of the insurers that topped the list in 2022:
Medicare Supplement Insurance Cost in Maine
To determine the average cost, we can use the example of a 65-year-old woman who does not smoke and lives in Cumberland County, zip code 04038. See below:
|Plan type||Premium Range|
|Plan F||$180.00 – $300.00|
|Plan G||$117.00 – $220.00|
|Plan N||$90.00 – $200.00|
Ready to Learn More?
My Medigap Plans is a rapidly growing resource for Medicare beneficiaries. We specialize in educating consumers on their options and guiding them through the plan selection process. We work closely with some of the nation’s top-rated carriers, such as Aetna, Cigna, and Mutual of Omaha. Compare our list of the 10 Best Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies or take a deeper look at the plans by reviewing our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart. Learn more about Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans, or request a Medicare Supplement Plan Quote.
|Aetna Medigap Plan G|
Cigna Medigap Plan G
|Mutual of Omaha Plan G|
Medicare Supplements 2023
Maine State Resources
Maine Enrollment Statistics
- Just about one-quarter of a million Medicare beneficiaries live in Maine.
- Of those enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B, over 70,000 chose Medicare Supplement insurance plans in Maine.
- About 40,000 chose Plan F as the best Medicare Supplement plan in Maine for their needs.