Medicare Supplement insurance plans in Colorado cover the out-of-pocket expenses that are your responsibility after Original Medicare insurance pays out. Those expenses are referred to as “gaps” in Original Medicare coverage. Some of the gaps include excess charges, coinsurance, copayments, and deductibles.
When you enroll in a Medicare Supplement plan in Colorado, you pay one premium to cover those gaps. That’s why the plans are referred to as Medigap policies. You’re eligible to apply for Colorado Medicare Supplement insurance plans after you turn 65 and are enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B. There are other rules and deadlines that apply, so it’s never too soon to study the plans and compare rates online.
Average Costs of Medicare Supplement Plans in Colorado
- 65 years old
- Lives in Adams County, zip code 80022
|Plan Type||Premium Range|
|Plan G||$122.00 – $136.61|
|Plan N||$104.21 – $163.51|
What is the best Medicare Supplement plan in Colorado?
Five Medicare Supplement insurance plans in Colorado are known for sweeping benefits. You can compare the plan options here:
1. Best for full benefits: Medicare Plan F
- Highest level of coverage across all Medigap policies, including Part A deductible
- One of only two plans that cover the Medicare Part B deductible
- Covers Medicare Part A deductible
- Can only be sold to beneficiaries eligible for Medicare prior to January 1, 2020 who are not yet enrolled
2. Best comprehensive coverage: Medicare Plan G
- Covers every benefit except the Part B deductible
- Available to Medicare recipients with an eligibility effective date before or after January 1, 2020
3. Best value: Medicare Plan N
- Lower monthly premium than Plans F and G
- Covers Part B coinsurance but not copayments
- No coverage for Part B excess charges or deductible
4. Best deductible plan: High-Deductible Plan F
- Plan F deductible due before plan pays benefits
- 2022 deductible: $2,490
- Same benefits as Plan F but with less expensive premiums
5. Best for lowest premiums: High-Deductible Plan G
- Deductible applies before plan pays benefits
- 2022 deductible: $2,490
- Same benefits as Plan G with a reduced premium
What Companies Sell Medicare Supplement Plans in Colorado?
Medicare Supplement insurance plans are sold by private insurance companies. Every Medicare insurance company that sells Medigap policies in Colorado must comply with federal and state regulations for your protection.
According to the Denver Post, the five companies in Colorado with the most market share are:
- Mutual of Omaha
Ready to learn more?
My Medigap Plans is a rapidly growing resource for Medicare beneficiaries. We specialize in educating consumers on their options and guiding them through the process of plan selection. We work closely with some of the nations top rated carriers such as Aetna, Cigna and Mutual of Omaha. Compare our list of the 10 Best Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies or take a deeper look at the plans by reviewing our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart. Learn more or about Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans, or request a Medicare Supplement Plan Quote.
Colorado Medicare Resources
Colorado Enrollment Statistics
- The five largest counties in Colorado are Denver County, El Paso County, Arapahoe County, Jefferson County, and Adams County.
- There were approximately 550,000 ColoradoOriginal Medicare beneficiaries in 2018.
- More than 300,000 Colorado Medicare recipients enrolled in Medicare Advantage or Medigap plans in 2018.
- In 2015, more than 150,000 Medicare beneficiaries were enrolled in Medicare Supplement plans in Colorado. Approximately 70 percent of those Medigap enrollees chose Plan F.