Colorado Medicare Supplement Plans
Which beneficiaries should consider Medicare Supplement plans in Colorado? Consider the example of Sarah and Dave who want to travel around this beautiful state in an RV and not worry about local medical provider networks. As another example, Pat is a widower who would like to do missionary work in Mexico part of the year and make sure she can get emergency treatment after she crosses the border. For couples or individuals who plan to travel a bit, traditional Medicare and robust Medicare Supplement plans in Colorado might be an excellent choice.
We can help you find the best solution in your Colorado city or town by using our simple Medicare Supplement quote form. Just pick your state from the list on the quote box to get started. You will see quality insurers that are eager to compete for your business.
A Comparison of Colorado Medicare Supplement Plans vs. MA Plans
Traditional Medicare Part A and B cover a lot, but it does not cover everything. That’s why most Americans decide to make the best use of their benefits in some way. The most common choices are MA and Medicare Supplement plans, but some people rely on health insurance from a job or another kind of public plan.
There are still some MA plans with no monthly premium, and generally, premiums are lower with Advantage plans than they are with Medicare Supplement plans in Colorado. However, most Advantage choices put members at risk for high out-of-pocket costs. Medigap plans offer very predictable benefits and usually reduce or eliminate the risk of high out-of-pocket charges.
What to know about Medicare Supplement plans in Colorado:
- All Medicare Supplement plans have to provide standardized benefits according to their level, and these levels are named with letters from A to N.
- Primary benefits provided by all levels include coinsurance for hospital stays and skilled nursing.
- Additional benefits provided by the more robust levels can include things like covered emergency care in other countries, Part B deductibles, and even excess charges over the amount that Medicare says that providers should charge.
By far, Medicare Supplement plan F is the most popular. Level C comes in second. This summarizes some of the benefits of the more popular Medicare Supplement plan options:
- Both F and C offer coverage for foreign emergency medical care.
- Level F and Medigap plan G both cover excess charges when a medical provider charges more than Medicare says is allowed.
- Levels A and B provide more basic coverage at typically lower premiums.
- High deductible plan F is just like F, but it has a $2,180 deductible and lower rates.
- Plan N offers good coverage but requires some cost-sharing, and it is getting more popular with beneficiaries who want to control their monthly costs.
How Much Do Medicare Supplement Plans in Colorado Cost?
Prices vary by insurer, the level of coverage, and in some cases, age and underwriting. These are sample prices for a Denver man who does not use tobacco and is just 65:
- High deductible plan F: $47.49
- No deductible plan F: $158.30
- Plan C: $158.30
- Plan N: $124.62
Note: The monthly rates are only samples that were pulled from a variety of Medicare Supplement insurers. Individual prices vary by insurer, exact location, and in some cases, medical underwriting.
Of course, residents of different Colorado cities will have different choices of companies and Medicare Supplement plan levels in Colorado. Insurers are not required to market every level in every town.
These are some of the top Medicare Supplement plan providers in Colorado:
In the biggest cities, there are likely to be more choices of insurers and health providers. These are top Colorado cities and their population of people 65 and up:
- State of Colorado: 12.3%
- Denver, CO.: 10.4%
- Colorado Springs, CO.: 10.9%
- Aurora, CO.: 8.9%
- Fort Collins, CO.: 8.8%
- Lakewood, CO.: 14.5%
Online Comparison of Medicare Supplement Plans in Colorado
Choosing the right Medicare Supplement plan in Colorado is not easy, but we help. All you need to do is enter your state in the box on this page. If you have any questions, you are also welcome to call us for help.