Medicare Supplement insurance plans in Colorado cover the out-of-pocket expenses that are your responsibility after the Original Medicare insurance pays out. Those expenses are referred to as “gaps” in Original Medicare coverage. Some gaps include excess charges, coinsurance, copayments, and deductibles.
When you enroll in a Medicare Supplement plan in Colorado, you pay one premium to cover those gaps. That’s why the plans are referred to as Medigap policies. You can apply for Colorado Medicare Supplement insurance plans after you turn 65 and are enrolled in Medicare Part A and B. However, some other rules and deadlines apply, so studying the plans and comparing rates online is never too soon.
Medicare Supplement Plan options in Colorado:
Five Medicare Supplement insurance plans in Colorado are known for sweeping benefits. You can compare the plan options here:
Medigap Plan G
- Plan G Covers every benefit except the Part B deductible
- Available to Medicare recipients with an eligibility effective date before or after January 1, 2020
Medigap Plan N
- Plan N has a Lower monthly premium than Plans F and G
- Covers Part B coinsurance but not copayments
- No coverage for Part B excess charges or deductible
High-Deductible Plan G
- Deductible applies before the plan pays benefits
- 2023 deductible: $2,700
- High Deductible Plan G has the Same benefits as Plan G with a reduced premium
Medigap Plan F
- Highest level of coverage across all Medigap policies, including Part A deductible
- One of only two plans that cover the Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Plan F Covers Medicare Part A deductible
- Can only be sold to beneficiaries eligible for Medicare prior to January 1, 2020, who are not yet enrolled
Top Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies in Colorado
Private insurance companies sell Medicare Supplement insurance plans. Every Medicare insurance company that sells Medigap policies in Colorado must comply with federal and state regulations for your protection.
According to the Denver Post, the three companies in Colorado with the most market share are:
How Much Do Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans Cost in Colorado?
Those qualified for Medicare in Colorado pay an average of $129.00 for Medicare Supplement Plans
|Plan type||Premium Range|
|Plan F||$180.00 – $300.00|
|Plan G||$117.00 – $220.00|
|Plan N||$90.00 – $200.00|
- 65 years old
- Lives in Adams County, zip code 80022
65-Year-Old Female Non-Tobacco
Colorado Medicare Resources
- The current Guide to Medigap Policies in Colorado from the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies
- List of Regional SHIP offices in Colorado for seniors who need Medicare counseling and guidance
- CMS: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Ready to learn more?
My Medigap Plans is a rapidly growing resource for Medicare beneficiaries. We specialize in educating consumers on their options and guiding them through the plan selection process. We work closely with some of the nation’s top-rated carriers, such as Aetna, Cigna, and Mutual of Omaha. Compare our list of the 10 Best Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies or take a deeper look at the plans by reviewing our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart. Learn more about Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans, or request a Medicare Supplement Plan Quote.