Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan F Benefits & Rates
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan F is a great option for Medicare beneficiaries to consider if they want to reduce their health care expenses. Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B, which is often just known as Original Medicare, provides a lot of coverage for its beneficiaries. Beneficiaries who want additional benefits should consider Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan F. Plan F is a Medigap policy that you can count on for its robust benefits, and Aetna is an insurance company that you can count on for good customer service and reliable health insurance coverage.
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan F Benefits and Coverage
When shopping for a Medigap policy that will cover what your Original Medicare benefits will not, it’s important to compare plan options and plan limits. Different Medicare Supplement insurance options are available, but Medigap Plan F is one of the best. Some of the benefits that you can enjoy if you choose Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan F are listed below:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs after Medicare benefits are exhausted (for an additional 365 days)
- Medicare Part B coinsurance and copayments
- First three pints of blood when needed for a medical procedure
- Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance or copayments
- Skilled nursing facility care (SNF) coinsurance
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Some foreign travel emergency care
As you can probably see, Medicare Plan F offers many great benefits for doctor’s visits, emergency room visits and more. Aetna Medicare Supplement plans like Plan F can help you save money on doctor’s office visits and other medical care. Of course, there are some things that are not covered as a part of your Plan F benefits:
- Medicare Part B premium
- Medicare Part D Prescription drug plans (although these can be purchased separately so that you can enjoy prescription drug coverage benefits)
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan F Rates
When shopping for the best Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan F rates, you’ll first need to understand how companies like Aetna determine their rates. There are three different methods that insurance companies use:
- Attained-age – You will have rate increases as you age, since your rates are based off of your current age.
- Issue-age – Your rates will be based off of how old you are when you sign up for coverage, and your rates will not go up for age-related reasons.
- Community rated – Everyone who has Medicare Supplement insurance Plan F through the same company will pay the same rates.
A few things you’ll want to take note of if you’re thinking about signing up for Aetna Medicare Supplemental Plan F:
- Rates for Medigap Plan F are the highest of all of the Medicare Supplements because of the robust coverage.
- In many cases, Plan F rates are more stable. This is true because so many people have Plan F, so risks are more spread out than with less popular plans like Plan A, Plan B or Medigap Plan N.
- Doing a comparison of Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan F rates will help you find the most affordable rates.
- Like with the federal Medicare program, you will not be covered by your spouse’s Supplemental plan or vice-versa. You’ll both need to sign up for Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G, Plan F or your preferred plan to enjoy benefits. Household discounts are sometimes available.
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan F Reviews
Some of the reasons why you might want to review Aetna Medigap Plan F instead of coverage from another company:
- Aetna Medigap Plan F is one of the most popular plans out there, so there are a large number of members. This leads to more stable rates.
- Aetna has excellent customer service ratings, and many beneficiaries of their plans report that they are very satisfied.
- Aetna has high ratings and good financial strength, so it’s a company that you can count on. It’s one of the best rated companies you can choose for your Supplemental benefits.
- It’s a modern company with modern technology. For example, there are online tools that you can use for shopping for coverage or paying for your policy, which can make your life much easier.
- Aetna offers Supplemental insurance in many areas of the United States, although you’ll need to check to see if their Medicare insurance options are available in your area.
- Aetna is a well-known American health insurance and life insurance option that has been around for a long time.
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan F Vs. Plan G
In 2020, there are going to be some changes when it comes to Medigap plans. The federal government will no longer allow Medicare Supplement plans that cover Medicare Part B deductible. This means that neither Medigap Plan F or Plan C will be available.
Those who are already signed up for Aetna Medigap Plan F or Plan F through another company will be able to keep their coverage. However, for those who become eligible for Medicare Part B — and therefore Medicare Supplement plans — on or after January 1, 2020, neither Plan F or Plan C will be an option.
If this change applies to you, it’s best to start thinking now about how it will impact you and your benefits. Luckily, there is a great alternative for Plan F. In fact, even if you’re able to sign up for Plan F, you may still want to consider Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G after you compare the benefits of the two. A few things you’ll want to know about this plan:
- When you compare the two, you’ll see that the Aetna Medigap Plan G vs. Aetna Medigap plan F benefits cover almost all of the medical expenses that Plan F covers. The only difference is that the Medicare Part B deductible is not covered.
- Medigap Plan G rates are often more affordable than even the best Medigap Plan F rates, even though the benefits are very similar. For a lot of beneficiaries, the lower rates make Plan G worthwhile, since they are still able to save money throughout the year after paying their Medicare Part B deductible. Of course, you’ll need to compare rates to make sure this is the case for you.
Aetna High Deductible Medicare Supplement Plan F
Another Medicare Supplement insurance option you can look into is Medicare Supplement high deductible Plan F from Aetna. On top of your standard Medicare benefits, high deductible Plan F still covers the same medical services and medical expenses as standard Plan F. However, you must meet a higher deductible before your benefits kick in. The benefit of a high-deductible plan is that the monthly premiums are typically much cheaper.
For some, the best option is the Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan F high-deductible option. Others prefer to pay higher monthly premiums to avoid the expensive deductible. Only you know which option is best for your situation, so you should definitely do a comparison of your options and their benefits.
After you compare plans between Aetna Medigap Plan F and Aetna Medicare supplement high-deductible Plan F — as well as the benefits of other Supplement plans and even Medicare Advantage plans — you can decide which one will help you save the most money on health care costs that aren’t covered by Original Medicare.
If all of this information seems a little overwhelming or if you just want some help with comparing your health care options, our licensed insurance agents can help. Along with using our website to compare quotes and find the best plan for you, you can also give us a call for one-on-one help.
Compare Medicare Supplement Companies and Plans
My Medigap Plans is a rapidly growing resource for Medicare beneficiaries. We specialize in educating consumers on their options and guiding them through the process of plan selection. We work closely with some of the nations top rated carriers such as Aetna, Cigna and Mutual of Omaha. Compare our list of the 10 Best Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies or take a deeper look at the plans by reviewing our Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Chart. Learn more or request a Medicare Supplement Plan Quote today.