Best Medicare Plans in Rhode Island
If you’re going to be signing up for Medicare in Rhode Island soon, or if you are already signed up but feel like you don’t know much about the program and your Rhode Island Medicare benefits, then you could be hoping for a little more help and information. That’s what we are here for.
Overview of Medicare in Rhode Island
First, you’ll need to know about Medicare Part A. This is the form of Original Medicare insurance that is known as your hospital insurance. Typically, beneficiaries in Rhode Island do not have to pay a premium for this type of Original Medicare insurance. Instead, you probably paid into it during your working years.
Next, beneficiaries in Rhode Island can sign up for medical insurance, which is known as Medicare Part B. Unlike with Medicare Part A, you will have to pay a Medicare Part B premium.
Once you are enrolled in Original Medicare Part A and Part B, you can start looking into additional Medicare plans in Rhode Island. Plans like Medicare Supplement plans can help you enhance your Rhode Island Medicare benefits. If you’re interested in these Medicare plans in Rhode Island, we are here to help!
Enrollment Statistics for Medicare in Rhode Island
If you’re about to sign up for Rhode Island Medicare insurance or if you’re just interested in the topic of Medicare in Rhode Island, check out these quick stats about Medicare in Rhode Island:
- As of 2018, there were 219,877 Medicare beneficiaries in Rhode Island.
- 80,788 of these beneficiaries individuals were enrolled in Medicare Advantage plans in 2018.
Best Types of Medicare Plans in Rhode Island
If you want additional health insurance, you may want to start shopping for your plan options for health plans. There are a few different insurance plans available from top insurance agency options like Aetna, Cigna, and Mutual of Omaha that you can choose from to enhance your Medicare coverage, including Medicare Supplement insurance. Check out your options for senior health insurance below so that you can learn how to reduce your out of pocket costs for health care costs.
- Medicare Supplement Plans in Rhode Island – Also commonly known as Medigap plans, this type of plan will enhance your Rhode Island Medicare benefits. Rhode Island beneficiaries can choose from 10 different plans, although not every insurance company will offer all of the plans. Lettered plans are the same from company to company, and you can look at a Medicare Supplement plans comparison chart to choose the plan that you want. Then, you can shop around for the best rates from the best companies.
- Medicare Advantage Plans – Medicare Advantage, which is also known as Medicare Part C, is a type of replacement policy for Original Medicare insurance. Many Rhode Island beneficiaries choose these plans because they often offer things that Medigap plans don’t, such as hearing, dental and vision coverage, wellness benefits, prescription drug coverage and more. These plans can help cover nursing home costs, care in a skilled nursing facility and more. Some of them don’t even come with monthly premiums! However, since many are HMO or PPO plans, they often have service area restrictions.
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans – Part D – Medicare Part D prescription drug plans are often included with Medicare Part C. If you don’t have one of these plans, then you will need to find a stand-alone plan from a private insurance company so that you will not have to pay a Medicare Part D late enrollment penalty.
- Special Needs Plans – Also known as SNPs, these special Advantage plans are designed specifically for those who have Medicare in Rhode Island and who have serious, chronic health conditions.
Rhode Island Medicare Resources
If you’re about to enter your Medicare Initial Enrollment Period and are going to be signing up for Medicare in Rhode Island, you might be looking for more information about Rhode Island Medicare insurance. If you have a low income, you could be concerned about the cost of your healthcare. These links will help you find more information about the federal Medicare program and about any extra help that you might qualify for.
- SHIP Rhode Island
- Get Extra Help with Prescription Drug Costs
- Rhode Island Medicaid
- CMS: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
If it’s Medicare Supplement plan quotes that you’re interested in, we can help with that. We want you to enjoy the best rates and the best coverage as a beneficiary. We’ll help you compare benefits and plans so that you can save on coinsurance, deductibles, copayments (copays) and more. Give us a call today so that one of our licensed insurance agents can help you compare Medicare plans in Rhode Island and find the best premiums.