Best Medicare Plans in North Dakota
Medicare in North Dakota consists of Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B. You can become enrolled in Original Medicare Part A and Part B when you turn 65 years of age. Also, individuals who have been on disability for at least 24 months are also eligible for Medicare in North Dakota. This program is designed to help seniors and disabled individuals to save on their health care costs while getting the care that they need in a skilled nursing facility, doctor’s office or hospital.
Many Medicare beneficiaries in North Dakota don’t actually know much about Original Medicare insurance and what is and is not included in their coverage. Having a good understanding of Medicare in North Dakota before your Medicare Initial Enrollment Period is essential, and this quick guide is here to provide with some helpful information about Medicare in North Dakota and the various Medicare plans in North Dakota that are available. We also have licensed insurance agents on hand who will talk to you about your options and help you have a solid understanding of Original Medicare insurance and the Medicare plans in North Dakota that you can choose from.
Overview of Medicare in North Dakota
For starters, you can look online for a complete description of the benefits of Medicare. Medicare Part A, which is hospital insurance, doesn’t usually have a monthly premium. Medicare Part B, which does have a Medicare Part B premium, does have a monthly premium. Once you’re signed up, you can learn about plan options that are available from different insurance agency options like a North Dakota Medicare Supplement and Medicare Part D plans.
Enrollment Statistics for Medicare in North Dakota
A few stats that you might find interesting:
- There were 130,019 Medicare beneficiaries in North Dakota in 2018.
- 22,132 of these individuals had Medicare Advantage plans that same year.
Best Types of Medicare Plans in North Dakota
Medicare in North Dakota is not enough for many people. A lot of North Dakota beneficiaries of Medicare choose to sign up for additional Medicare plans in North Dakota. Consider these plans for boosting your North Dakota Medicare benefits.
- Medicare Supplement Plans in North Dakota – Designed to help you with things like copayments (copays), coinsurance and deductibles, Medicare Supplement insurance (also known as Medigap plans) are available for purchase from various insurance companies. You’ll get to choose between 10 different plans, all which offer different benefits and levels of coverage and that all come with different premiums.
- Medicare Advantage Plans – If you like the idea of having a separate plan that you can use instead of using Medicare Part A and Part B, you might like a replacement plan, which is also known Medicare Part C. Your plan might be an HMO or PPO, which will have network restrictions. Some plan options, though, like a PFFS, will not have these restrictions. If you compare your options before becoming one of the beneficiaries in North Dakota, you can choose a plan with wellness benefits and dental, hearing and vision coverage.
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans – Part D – Medicare Part D is prescription drug coverage that gives you extra help with paying for your medication. Part D prescription drug coverage can be purchased as a stand-alone plan, and you don’t even have to buy it from the same insurance company that you purchase your Supplement from, if applicable. There is a Medicare Part D late enrollment penalty if you don’t sign up when you’re first Medicare eligible, so don’t hesitate to sign up.
- Special Needs Plans – This type of North Dakota Medicare insurance plan is designed for beneficiaries who have serious and chronic medical conditions. One example is end-stage renal failure. These plans are a type of Medicare Advantage plan.
Which of these Medicare plans in North Dakota is right for you is going to depend on your individual needs and budget. Before you sign up to become a beneficiary of one of these plans, take a look at a Medicare Supplement plans comparison chart, and look for Medicare Supplement plan quotes so that you can compare pricing and look for the best rates. Our licensed insurance agents can help with this.
North Dakota Medicare Resources
It’s important for North Dakota beneficiaries of Medicare to understand the program of Medicare in North Dakota. In addition to learning more about North Dakota Medicare insurance and the North Dakota Medicare benefits, you can use these resources to look for any low-income programs that you might qualify for.
- North Dakota State Health Insurance Counseling
- North Dakota Medicaid
- CMS: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Also, give us a call or use our website to look for the best rates from private insurance companies for monthly premiums and the best health plans for enhancing your Medicare coverage and reducing your out-of-pocket costs for healthcare.