Best Medicare Plans in Montana
If you have been on disability for at least 24 months or if you are going to be turning 65 years of age soon, then you might be getting ready to sign up for Medicare in Montana. Medicare in Montana is a federal government program that is designed to help senior citizens and some disabled individuals manage their healthcare costs.
Overview of Medicare in Montana
The first part that you will want to sign up for is Medicare Part A. If you’re concerned about having to pay a monthly premium for this form of Original Medicare insurance, the good news is that you probably will not have to. This is because most Medicare beneficiaries in Montana paid into this system while they were still working. This is your hospital insurance, and it’s there to help with inpatient hospital costs, hospice care costs and more.
For help with your more basic, day-to-day healthcare needs, you can sign up for Medicare Part B. Unlike Medicare Part A, there is a Medicare Part B premium that you have to pay. Once you have this coverage, you will have help with doctor’s office visits, care in a skilled nursing facility and more.
Once you are enrolled in Original Medicare Part A and Part B, you can begin enjoying the benefits. For many Montana beneficiaries, however, signing up for additional Medicare plans in Montana is a good idea. Medicare plans in Montana can help you enhance your benefits and coverage and save on out-of-pocket costs that your Original Medicare insurance does not cover, including copayments (copays), deductibles and coinsurance.
We understand that dealing with all of this information about Medicare in Montana can be a little overwhelming and confusing, but our licensed insurance agents are here to help. This quick guide can give you more information about Medicare in Montana and Medicare plans in Montana. You can also use our website for looking at our Medicare Supplement plans comparison chart and looking up Medicare Supplement plan quotes. In no time, you’ll be on your way to enjoying additional coverage and benefits.
Enrollment Statistics for Medicare in Montana
Before signing up for your Montana Medicare benefits, you might want to know a little more about the program. These stats about enrollment in Medicare in Montana are pretty interesting:
- There were 227,477 Medicare beneficiaries in Montana in 2018.
- Out of those beneficiaries, just over 39,000 were beneficiaries of Medicare Advantage plans.
Best Types of Medicare Plans in Montana
If you are a Medicare beneficiary who wants to maximize your Montana Medicare benefits, then you do have options. It’s wise to compare plans and rates for premiums so that you can find the best Medicare plan option for you, your budget and your healthcare needs.
- Medicare Supplement Plans in Montana – Medicare Supplement insurance has its name because it is designed to supplement your Original Medicare insurance. There are 10 plans that you can choose from, plus a high deductible plan.
- Medicare Advantage Plans – If you’d like an alternative to traditional Montana Medicare insurance, you may want to check out Medicare Advantage (Medicare Part C). Each insurance company offers different benefits, but many plans include Medicare Part D. They also often include coverage that isn’t included in Medigap plans, such as hearing, dental and vision coverage. Many are PPO or HMO plans with network restrictions, though.
- Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans – For affordable rates, you can generally purchase a prescription drug coverage plan to help you save on prescription medication. Sign up during your Initial Medicare Enrollment Period for Medicare if you want to avoid the Medicare Part D late enrollment penalty.
- Special Needs Plans – This Montana Medicare insurance option is designed for Montana beneficiaries who have special health care needs because of certain chronic conditions.
Medicare Resources in Montana
A few useful resources that you might want to check out so that you can learn more about your Medicare coverage. These resources provide information about the Open Enrollment period, the health plans that are available, the benefits of different insurance plans and more for Montana residents:
- Montana State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)
- Montana Medicaid
- CMS: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Additionally, make use of our website or give us a call if you need help. We will help you compare plan options and make the best decision for you! We help beneficiaries as you look for stand-alone Medicare Part D plans, Supplement plans like Medigap Plan F, Advantage plans and more, all from top companies like Aetna, Cigna and Mutual of Omaha.