Best Medicare Plans in Illinois
Original Medicare insurance is designed to provide beneficiaries in Illinois with coverage and benefits to reduce out-of-pocket expenses for healthcare. Before you sign up for Medicare in Illinois, it’s time to do your research about coverage and plans. Here, you can learn about the benefits of original Medicare insurance, can learn about how to get enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B and can learn about the best Medicare plans in Illinois for Illinois beneficiaries.
Overview of Medicare in Illinois
When you turn 65 years old, you can become one of the Medicare beneficiaries in Illinois. First, you can sign up for Medicare Part A. After working and paying taxes, you don’t usually have to pay a monthly premium to sign up for Illinois Medicare Part A. This plan is a type of hospital insurance.
Secondly, you can sign up for Medicare Part B, which covers other healthcare expenses. When you sign up for Medicare in Illinois, you will have to pay a Medicare Part B premium.
You can opt to rely on Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B as stand-alone insurance. Many Illinois beneficiaries find that it’s best to look into Medicare Advantage plans, Medicare Supplement plans and Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage. These Medicare plans in Illinois can help you reduce out-of-pocket expenses and will give you more coverage.
Enrollment Statistics for Medicare in Illinois
If you’d like to know more about other beneficiaries who have Medicare in Illinois, check out these stats:
- More than 1.75 million people are beneficiaries of Medicare in Illinois.
- More than 489,000 of these are a beneficiary of Medicare Advantage.
Best Types of Medicare Plans in Illinois
Listed here are the different Medicare plans in Illinois. It’s important to compare rates for premiums and coverage so that you’ll get the most help with coinsurance, copayments and deductibles while paying a reasonable amount each month for your plan.
- Medicare Supplement Plans in Illinois – Medigap plans fill in gaps in coverage that aren’t covered by Medicare in Illinois, such as some of the costs for skilled nursing facility care, temporary nursing home care or hospice care. Plan F (which is also available as a high deductible plan) is the most popular, but there are other plans, too.
- Medicare Advantage Plans in
illnois– Medicare Part C plans are more like the health insurance that you might have had in the past, such as employer-sponsored coverage from a top star rating company like Blue Cross Blue Shield. These plans often have network restrictions but have some great benefits, such as including Medicare Part D plans and coverage for dental and vision.
- Special Needs Plans (SNP) – These Medicare Advantage options are designed specifically for those who have serious illnesses, such as end-stage renal disease.
- Medicare Part D – Medicare prescription drug plans will help you pay for your medication. These plans are often included in Medicare Advantage. If it isn’t included with your Medicare Advantage plan or if you have a Supplement, you can sign up separately. Sign up as soon as you can to avoid the Medicare Part D late enrollment penalty.
Before you can start shopping for a plan and health insurance company, you must be enrolled in original Medicare Part A and Part B. Then, during your initial enrollment period, you can compare rates and plans. This will help you get the most out of the Medicare coverage offered by Medicare in Illinois.
Illinois Medicare Resources
If you want to learn about the Medicare benefits that you can enjoy from the federal Medicare program, there are a few resources that can help.
- CMS: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Medicare Savings Plans in Illinois
Also, be aware that our licensed insurance agents are here to help you save on healthcare costs by helping you shop for health plans. We can give you a complete description of the benefits for your different plan options. From HMO, HMO-POS and PPO options to Medicare Supplement insurance, shopping for insurance plans from the right insurance agency can help you save on out of pocket costs.